‘Downton’ may have lost Matthew last season, but come 2014, fans will have three new pieces of man-candy to replace him.
It’s officially raining men on Downton Abbey. A gaggle of new gentlemen are joining the series in its fourth season, premiering Jan. 5 on PBS in the United States, and ITV has just revealed them in a new batch of photos. Two of the men are potential suitors for the newly widowed Lady Mary (Michelle Dockery), while another has his eyes set on another member of the Crawley (extended) family.
‘Downton Abbey’: Meet The New Men Of Season 4
1. Lord Dillingham (Tom Cullen) is described as being “dashing and charming,” so it should come as no surprise that he’ll be pursuing Mary. “Having had similar experiences with his own inheritance, [he] gives Lady Mary advice on the Downton estate — and in particular, the issue of death duties,” according to ITV.
2. Charles Blake (Julian Ovenden) is tasked with “evaluating the economic health of big estates around the country in order to help them run more efficiently,” and as ITV suggests, this “doesn’t sit well with Lady Mary.” Drama alert!
3. Jack Ross (Gary Carr) is someone we’ve already seen in photos — remember his romantic boat ride with Rose (Lily James)? — but this new shot shows the jazz singer in his natural element. ITV confirms Jack to be a singer at London’s Lotus jazz club, “which is visited one night by Branson and Ladies Mary, Rose and Rosamund.”
HollywoodLifers, which new character are you most excited for? Drop a comment and let us know!
— Andy Swift
More ‘Downton Abbey’ Season 4 News:
- ‘Downton Abbey’: Michelle Dockery Talks Mary’s Many ‘Potential Suitors’
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Season 4: New Pics Reveal Mary & Tom As Single Parentsc
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Season 4 Scoop: New Nanny Has Her Eyes On Tom