Happy 31st birthday, Paul Wesley! You’ve delighted us for five years as the ‘good’ Salvatore brother, Stefan, and we hope your big day is fang-tastic!
Paul Wesley, it sucks that your character has to spend your birthday locked in a safe at the bottom of a lake, so to make it a little better, we’ve gathered a list of five reasons why we love you as Stefan on The Vampire Diaries — and narrowing down the list was about as difficult as it was for Stefan to stop killing people during his Ripper days.
Five Reasons We Love You As Stefan Salvatore
1. Stefan makes bad look so good! While we’ve always seen Damon (Ian Somerhalder) as the ‘bad’ boy, when Stefan went super bad in season three, we couldn’t get enough of his dark persona. Remember when he killed those girls in the farmhouse in the season three premiere? So hot.
2. Stefan flashbacks are some of my favorite scenes in the series. I love getting glimpses into his past, from those steamy love scenes with Katherine (Nina Dobrev) in 1864 to his sexy — and deadly — swagger in 1920s Chicago, we just want more flashbacks!
3. Stefan also has great taste in music. He’s a classic rock kind of guy, so what’s not to love? We totally would have gone with Stefan and Lexi (Arielle Kebbel) to that Bon Jovi concert in the 80’s, or just casually stalked him like Katherine did.
4. Whether it’s going to become a real thing or not, we love the budding flirtationship between Stefan and Caroline (Candice Accola)!
5. Stefan is one of the prettiest criers we’ve ever seen. At his core, Stefan is a sensitive, gentle guy; each time Stefan and Elena broke up, it nearly tore our hearts in two.
(Oh, and since you don’t have e-mail access in your underwater coffin, we’re sending Elena down to give you a printed copy of this post.)
HollywoodLifers, what’s your favorite thing about Stefan Salvatore? Sound off in the comments below on this sexy stud!
WATCH: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Season 5 Comic-Con Trailer
— Avery Thompson