Rachel and Finn have a big moment together. Plus, New Directions get closer to picking their set list for Regionals.
5 Highlights From This Week’s Episode Of ‘Glee’:
1. Finn (Cory Monteith) enrolls himself at the University of Lima, where he’s studying to become a teacher. With Puck (Mark Salling) as his roommate, the boys party in their dorm, and slip-n-slide in the hallway. Plus, their singing chops get them automatically inducted into the biggest fraternity on campus. No need for hazing — pass go and collect $200! After Finn misses another test, Puck (of all people) has a talk with his best friend and tells him that he’s going to do everything he can to ensure that Finn works hard and fulfills his dream of becoming a teaching.
2. Rachel auditions to play Fanny Brice in Funny Girl. Her mom Shelby (Idina Menzel) makes a triumphant return and helps her daughter prep for the audition of a lifetime. Shelby suggests Rachel not sing a Barbra Streisand song during her audition. Instead, she asks Rachel to pick a song that’ll cause her to stand out in the crowd. Rachel calls Finn and thanks him for taking care of Brody (Dean Geyer). She tells Finn that she wishes he would’ve stayed in New York a bit longer. She also asks him for advice on what song to sing for her audition. Finn tells Rachel to sing a song dear to her heart. She chooses “Don’t Stop Believin’.” Rachel ends up getting a call back for Fanny.
3. Coach Beiste (Dot Marie Jones) encourages Will (Matthew Morrison) to make up with Finn. After the “school shooting,” she says life is too short to be stubborn. Inspired by her wisdom, Will meets up with Finn in the dorms. He invites Finn to come back and co-lead New Directions to Regionals. After a slight bit of hesitation, Finn agrees and returns to McKinley High — for college credit, of course.
4. Marley (Melissa Benoist) wants to perform one of her original songs for Regionals. Even though Will originally disapproves, she performs “You Have More Friends Than You Know,” an original song from Mervyn Warren and Jeff Marx, with Blaine (Darren Criss), Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Unique (Alex Newell).Will overhears the song and realizes he made a mistake.
5. New Directions prove their a real contender for Regionals when they perform original song, “Outcast.”
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Can New Directions win at Regionals with original songs? Should Finn be spending more time in college or at McKinley High? Will Rachel get the part?
— Chris Rogers
More ‘Glee’ News:
- ‘Glee’ Scoop: Is Sue Sylvester Gone For Good?
- ‘Glee’ Scoop: [Spoiler] Will Propose To [Spoiler] In The Season Finale
- Lea Michele, Jenna Ushkowitz & More React To ‘Glee’s’ Shooting Episode