It has been confirmed by the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office that ‘Buckwild’ star Shain died from carbon monoxide poisoning, following his autopsy on April 2. His death was ruled an accident. So sad.
Buckwild star Shain Gandee was killed in a terrible accident on April 1, and now the West Virginian police have confirmed what we already suspected: Shain, 21, and his uncle and friend all died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Shain, who was found in the driver’s seat of the car, died because the muffler was submerged in mud and sent fumes into the vehicle. How tragic.
Shain Gandee’s Autopsy Confirms Carbon Monoxide Poisoning As Cause Of Death
Shain was found dead in his car on April 1, following a four wheeling expedition that went wrong. Shain, his uncle David Gandee and a friend were found dead inside Shain’s 1984 Ford Broncho that was trapped in mud in a ravine near his Sissonville home.
A rep for the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office released a new statement on April 2:
“The Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office can now report partial findings from the autopsies of Shain Lelyn Gandee, David Dwight Gandee, and Donald Robert Myers. The manner of death is accidental and the cause was carbon monoxide poisoning for all three subjects.”
HollywoodLife.com previously reported that the vehicle’s muffler was submerged in mud, causing the exhaust pipe to block and dangerous fumes to enter the car.
“The vehicle and bodies were found by one of Shain Gandee’s friends who was searching the trails and ridges in the area for him and the others. The vehicle sat unevenly, but upright, and was partially submerged in deep mud. Mud was covering the lower part of the passenger side door of the vehicle, but the driver’s side of the vehicle was above the mud. The muffler of the vehicle was completely below the surface of the mud.”
What do YOU think HollywoodLifers? Are you sad for Shain’s friends and family?
— Eleanore Hutch