‘Spring Breakers’ star Ashley Benson dyed her hair on Feb. 27 after finishing up her movie’s European promo tour — do you love her new makeover or prefer her blonde? Vote below.
Ashley Benson, 23, has been edgy and sexy on red carpets lately, specifically at the Paris Spring Breakers premiere on Feb. 18! But her sexiest change-up yet? Dying her hair! We’ll tell you how to get Ashley’s cool new ‘do below.
Ashely Instagrammed her new hair on Feb. 27, saying, “Went to the dark side.”
Here’s how you can get her look with help from Clairol‘s Creative Director Marcy Cona.
Ashley’s hair appears to have an ombre effect, with her original blonde peeking out at the tips of her hair. It’s called a color tapestry technique and here’s how you do it!
“Choose one Natural Instincts shade for tone and a second Natural Instincts shade for depth. Tone shade should be up to 3 shades lighter than your starting color. Depth shade should be your current color or one shade darker.
First Step: Prep
1. Read instructions, put on gloves provided in the box. Before using any color, perform Allergy Test 48 hours prior and/or a strand test to predict results.
2. Prepare your hair color essentials. NOTE: A makeup sponge is required.
3. Shampoo and towel dry.
4. Curly texture: separate into four equal sections; secure each with a plastic clip.
5. Smooth texture: create deep side part and separate into four equal sequins, ear to ear; use plastic clips if necessary.
Step Two: Application
1. Apply lighter shade from roots to tip in all four sections.
2. Braid each section. Using the makeup sponge, apply depth shade on the surface/along the weave of the braid, leaving the ends out.
3. Process 10 minutes.
Step Three: Finish
1. Rinse with warm water.
2. Use your inbox Color Conditioning Treatment to condition your hair. Leave on for 2-5 minutes, rinse and style.”
Would you dye your hair like Ashley, HollywoodLifers?
— Dory Larrabee
More Spring Breakers News:
- Vanessa Hudgens & Ashley Benson: Casual Waves V. Formal Updo — VOTE
- Selena Gomez’s Romantic Updo & Luxe Lashes At ‘Glamour’ Awards
- Selena Gomez At Vanity Fair’s Oscar Party: Get Her Exact Look