Clinton Kelly, host of ‘What Not To Wear’ and ‘The Chew’ knows a thing or two about fashion and hosting a great party! He stopped by HollywoodLife.com to talk EXCLUSIVELY about his best tips!
Clinton Kelly is a jack of all trades — cooking, shopping, styling — the list is endless! We chatted with him about his best tips on meeting a significant others’ parents for the first time to Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian to his favorite recipes!
Did you get engaged over Valentine’s Day? Clinton told us the number one tip to remember when meeting the parents for the first time — chest not breast!
“This is not the time to start showing skin! You don’t want to meet your potential father-in-law and have him looking at your boobs! I always say the general rule of thumb when meeting new people or just being tasteful as far as dressing, it’s chest not breast! You don’t want to show the soft tissue!” Clinton laughed to HollywoodLife.com.
Clinton was working with Sargento Cheese over the holidays and they have some fantastic recipes for your Oscar Party on Feb. 24!
Our Favorite Academy Award Party Recipes
Bacon Cheddar Puffs — Yummy bite size appetizers that take under 45 minutes to make!
Asparagus Crostini with Parmesan Crisps — Doesn’t that sound decadent? A modern and delicious twist!
Antipasti Skewers — For those short on time and skills in the kitchen, these 10-minute, no bake bites are your best bet!
Just be thankful you’re not in a skintight dress in front of cameras so you can eat all this delicious food!
Clinton Kelly’s Tips For Entertaining
1) Keep your hands on the table — The components that make for an interesting outfit — color, texture, pattern and shine — are the same ones you need to set a chic table.
2) Don’t take too many short cuts — Look, I get it — you’re busy. I am too. But whether it’s running the kids to play practice, or hosting TV shows, sometimes, the key to making something even more delicious is to think about how grandma — or even great-grandma would have made it. For the holidays, instead of the green bean casserole made with mushroom soup and friend onions from a can, I decided to make a casserole with shredded cheese and caramelized onions. The result, a completely new dish that still tastes like home.
Clinton Kelly In Our Office
In our exclusive video with Clinton, he also comments on Kim K’s style and Justin Bieber’s much-talked-about overall scandal!
And be sure to check Clinton’s website and Facebook after the awards to see what he has to say about the best fashion of the night!
— Dory Larrabee
More HollywoodLife News:
- Kristen Stewart To Present At Oscars — Will Robert Pattinson Go?
- Emmy Rossum Goes Backless In A Plunging Grecian Gown
- Jennifer Lawrence & More: How A-List Stars Prepare For The Oscars