A hot bod is the best medicine for a broken heart! In the wake of her devastating divorce, Jennie Garth sought revenge by losing a major amount of weight and changing her lifestyle for the better. Here, she reveals exactly how, at 40, she changed her diet and exercise regimen!
Jennie Garth, 40 is more beautiful than ever these days. The change: a major weight loss, eating clean and exercising five days a week (three doing plyometrics and kickboxing, and two hiking with one of her dogs).
The actress revealed the ways she stays fit and fabulous in a new interview with Health:
Sneaky Workout Tricks
• Put on your exercise wear first thing. “I take my kids to school in my workout clothes. I’ll think, ‘I’m already in my clothes now, so I may as well work out!'”
• Think of what it can do for you. “The driving force of why I work out is just to be stronger—physically and mentally.”
• Be a trainer. “In the middle of a set, I love being told, ‘You can do this.’ It works for yourself, too. Use positive self-motivation.”
• Bring a friend. “Twice a week, I’ll put the dog in the car and go for a hike. I’ll think, ‘My dog needs exercise, so we’re both benefiting.'”
Biggest Diet Hits & Misses
• Do check ins. “I weigh myself every morning. If I don’t, before you know it, I’ll be up 10 pounds. It creeps. This morning, it was up 2 pounds. That’s OK. But if it’s up 6 pounds? I need to make adjustments.”
• Run from fad diets. “My biggest regret is putting my body through fad diets: Atkins, cleanses, the hCG diet. I lost like 18 pounds, but it came right back. The worst was fasting with colonics for three or four days. It was the most horrifying experience ever!”
• Sneaky swap I love: Fage yogurt for sour cream or mayo. “I make this chicken dish that you’re supposed to coat in mayonnaise, but I use Fage. My kids didn’t even know!”
• My 173-calorie breakfast: Greek yogurt + slivered almonds or whole oats. “I throw some slivered almonds in it or some whole, raw oats—straight out of the box—and just grab a spoon and eat it on the way driving my girls to school.” My two-step dinner: Salmon with balsamic onion. “I love making salmon with balsamic onions. There’s something so tangy and sweet about it.” Step 1: Season salmon with salt and pepper, and broil in the oven. Step 2: Slice up red onions; sauté in coconut or almond oil and balsamic vinegar until reduced to sauce. Top the salmon with it.
HollywoodLifers, do YOU think Jennie looks better than ever? Sound off!
– HL Staff
More Jennie Garth News:
- Jennie Garth: Amanda Bynes Is Ignoring Me — So Sad
- Peter Facinelli & Jennie Garth Take Co-Parenting ‘Day By Day’
- Jennie Garth Reveals Incredible Bikini Body Post-Divorce