Lindsay told police she was attacked by 25-year-old Christian LaBella at the W Hotel near Union Square, WNBC reports. The altercation, which took place around 4:30 a.m. on September 30, was allegedly the result of an argument between the pair about cell phone pictures Christian took of Lindsay.
Lindsay told police that Christian was so upset at the accusation that he threw her down on the bed, scratching her hands in the process. She ran away in fright, but soon returned to the room and claims she was further attacked, with her assailant choking her, throwing her to the ground and getting on top of her.
She was reportedly saved by a friend staying at the hotel who got Christian off of her. Lindsay then pulled a fire alarm as the Christian tried to escape, and he was taken into police custody and charged with assault and harassment.
A NY Police spokesperson tells HollywoodLife.com that Christian was handcuffed, charged for assault and taken from the scene around 6:30 a.m. on Sept. 30. But once he was brought in to the station, his assault charge was dropped to harassment because “the investigation revealed that the incident didn’t rise to the level of an assault.”
Neither Christian or Lindsay are required to appear in court regarding the incident, the NYPD tell us.
HollywoodLife.com spoke EXCLUSIVELY to a source close to Lindsay, who gave us an update on her condition.
“She’s OK — a little shaken up but good,” our source said. “It’s so scary. Trouble just seems to follow her everywhere.”
Meanwhile, Lindsay declined medical treatment for her injuries.
Lindsay had met Christian earlier that night at a 1 Oak, a club in Chelsea.
Do YOU think Lindsay will ever be able to avoid trouble, HollywoodLifers?
— Written By William Earl, reporting by Nicole Karlis
More Lindsay Lohan: