Who shot who? Is that guy really ‘A’? Not every answer on the ‘Pretty Little Liars’ summer finale was spelled out in black & white.
To call the Pretty Little Liars summer finale the best episode of the season wouldn’t even begin to do it justice. Some major answers were finally given Aug. 28, but after going through the comments in my recap, I noticed just as many questions were being raised. So now I’m doing my best to help you figure out who’s dead, who shot who, and what the “A” is up with Garrett (Yani Gellman).
1. Is Toby really “A?” Though some commenters insist the “Toby” we saw was actually someone else in a mask, I remain pretty certain it was Toby (Keegan Allen). My guess is that, while he is definitely a member of Mona’s “A” team, he probably got in just to figure out how to beat her.
2. Who shot Caleb? I’ve heard everyone from Nate to Paige (Lindsey Shaw) to Emily (Shay Mitchell), but I’m really thinking it was Toby.
3. Is Caleb dead? No! If you watch the promo for the Pretty Little Liars Halloween special, you can clearly see Hanna (Ashley Benson) and Caleb (Tyler Blackburn) devouring each other’s faces.
4. Who killed Maya? I know he never literally said, “I killed Maya,” but Nate was definitely her killer. He was her stalker at Tru North, and he found her hiding out at Noel’s cabin. Plus, he tried to kill Emily and Paige. He’s the lady killer.
5. Did Garrett make that call to Emily? Again, I assume the answer here is yes. Right before Garrett — who had been accused of killing Maya (Bianca Lawson) — showed up at the hospital, someone called Emily and said, “I owe you one.” Since Emily inadvertently helped prove his innocence, it very well could have been Garrett on the phone.
OK, I hope that took care of any lingering questions you may have had after the finale. If I missed any, or if you have a different answer, drop me a comment below!
— Andy Swift
More on the Pretty Little Liars summer finale: