Memorial Day is almost here and that means the start of summer! A breezy, effortless hairstyle like Lea’s is the best way to embrace the heat and work with your natural texture. Here’s how to get the look!
Lea Michele looked sexier than ever for a May 21 taping of the Late Show with David Letterman in New York City. Lea, 25, is an exotic beauty, but her hotness for this appearance can be attributed to one thing: her breezy, beachy waves! I asked Kattia Solano, owner of Butterfly Studio Salon for tips on how to create beachy waves.
Here’s a step by step:
• Apply a volumizing gel or spray directly onto wet hair.
• Flip your head over and blow dry your hair to add volume to the roots.
• To add smoothness before using your curling iron, twist large sections of the hair around your finger starting at the bottom and twisting until there is tension.
• Separate your hair into four sections and apply a light hold hairspray like Keratin Complex Flex Flow Finishing Hairspray directly onto the areas you will be curling from about 3 inches down from the roots and 3 inches from the ends).
• Place your curling iron about 3 inches from the roots and wrap medium sections of the hair around the barrel. Be sure to stay away from the ends (you want your ends to appear straight).
• Continue around the head until all hair is curled.
• Apply more hairspray all over and lightly scrunch the hair with your fingers.
HollywoodLifers, will you try this hot look for summer?
— Jennifer Tzeses
More Celebrity Beauty!
- Miley Cyrus Goes Blond For Billboard Awards: Do You Love Her Hair?
- Hollywood’s 8 Most Dramatic Makeup Transformations—Pick Your Favorite
- 2012 Billboard Music Awards: Best Red Carpet Beauty