Neon is one of spring’s hottest runway trends for clothing and makeup alike, but it can be intimidating to try!
HollywoodLife.com Editorial Assistant Nicole Karlis wanted to incorporate the neon trend into her beauty routine, but wasn’t sure where to start. Makeup artist Dawn DeSantis shows YOU how she created a neon eyeshadow look and a neon lip on Nicole that are quick and easy!Shop Dawn’s Product Picks!Nicole’s Neon Eye:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti Crease Eye Shadow Primer to prep eyelids.
- Wet ‘n Wild Color Icon Eyeliner in White.
- Wet ‘n Wild Color Icon Shadow Trio in I Dream of Greenie — I used the bottom shade in the brightest green. Using the Tarte Double Ended Liner brush, I wet the domed flat side of the brush in a bit of water and dipped the brush into the neon green eyeshadow and pat in on top of the white eyeliner to really bring out the pigment in the shadow.
Nicole’s Neon Lip:
- Aubrey Organics Organic Lip Balm in Vanilla and Honey to prep lips.
- Wet ‘n Wild Mega Last Lip Color in Purty Persimmon (970) — a very bright orange based bright neon red perfect for any skin tone
- Koh Gen Do Lip Brush to define lip around edges of the mouth and create a perfect shaped pout
- A great tip when using any dark, bright colored or matte lip is to use a concealer around the bottom under your lower lip to stop from any color bleeding and to really define the lip line and to brighten the color even more building a finer contrast between the skin tone and the lipstick. I used the Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Concealer that comes with a small brush in the compact to get the most precise area underneath your bottom lip and also smoothens out any imperfections or uneven lines of the lipstick.
Would YOU try a neon eye or lip look?
More Beauty and Style: