Selena normally lengthens her hair with extensions, so this short ‘do is definitely different! Her hairstylist describes his inspiration for the look.
TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist John D., who created this hairstyle for Selena Gomez, explains that he “wanted to create a retro bob for Selena, inspired by the glamorous actresses of days gone by.” Keep reading to find out how he crafted this faux bob.
- Starting with hair around the face from ear to ear, take 1-2 inch sections and curl with a medium barrel curling iron, spraying each section with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray to aid in protecting hair from excess heat.
- After curling each section, secure on top of head with a bobby pin or clip, to allow the curls to set. Continue to curl and set the back section until all the hair is curled.
- Spritz the set with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray and allow the curls to cool. Begin removing bobby pins and clips starting with the back section, working forward.
- After gently back brushing the hair, tuck the hair under to desired bob length and secure with bobby pins.
- Complete the style with a spritz of TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray to help add shine and keep the look in place.