You can never go wrong with soft, romantic waves and these two celebs pulled off the look flawlessly! Find out how to recreate their waves at home.
Kristen Wiig and Natalie Portman had some of the best wavy hairstyles of the 2012 Oscars. Learn step-by-step tips on recreating their looks from their celebrity hairstylists and shop their product picks!
Here’s how Frederic Fekkai celebrity hairstylist Didier Malige styled Natalie’s ‘do:
- Apply Fekkai Coiff Oceanique Tousled Wave Spray from the roots to the ends of wet hair.
- Blow-dry the hair completely using the Fekkai Large Round Brush.
- Once the hair is dry, use a 1” curling iron to create soft and feminine waves throughout the hair.
- Sweep the hair to the left side of her face. Add shine and lasting hold to the look with Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream.
Here’s how Dove celebrity stylist Mark Townsend created Kristen’s ‘do:
- “I started by applying a large dollop of Dove Style+Care Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse and blow dried the hair with a round brush.
- I then took 3-inch sections of hair and sprayed each section with Dove Style+Care Thermal Replenishment Spray and then wrapped the hair around a 1 1/2 inch FHI Heat curling iron.
- When all of her hair had been curled, I took a small amount of Dove Style+Care Frizz-Free Shine Cream-Serum in my hands and rubbed them together and then I raked the product through the hair to break up the curls and give the hair shine and definition. I’m beyond obsessed with this product. It gives you the nourishment of a cream and the shine of a serum in one bottle!
- I finished her look by spraying Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray all over while scrunching the hair with my fingers; this will ensure that the hair is in place all night and give the hair great sexy waves.”
Would you try either of these wavy looks at home?