Kirsten’s hairstyle manages to touch on the milkmaid braid trend without taking the style too literally. It’s the perfect winter look!
Celebrity hairstylist Marcus Francis crafted the gorgeous braid worn by Kirsten Dunst for the premiere of Bachelorette at the Sundance Film Festival. See his step-by-step tutorial and shop his product picks!
“The look at the Sundance film festival is about being comfortable, warm, with your own touch of effortless style,” explains Marcus. “With the heavy snow that day, we both thought the hair should be worn up and with lots of texture to work with the elements outside. Because braids work so well with Kirsten’s style and face shape, a version of a Heidi braid would suit her for the premiere.”
- “Prep the hair with a volumizer like Phyto Volume Actif Spray throughout the hair to build a thickness in the texture. Rough dry with your hands while blow drying.
- Make a deep side part and section off to start a reverse French braid (aka corn row) along the hairline, all the way around the head. Stop the braid behind the ear on the same side as your part.
- Take the remaining hair on the opposite side and twist back until it joins with the braid. Keep twisting to form a loose undone roll.
- Use a variety of large and small hair pains to secure throughout the braid and loose roll. To get a dusty matte finish, spray Rene Furterer Naturia Dry Shampoo throughout the hair, and pull out a few loose pieces in front to frame your face.
- This look can be a little tricky to do on your own — ask a friend help you out to sport this braided style!”
Would you try this hairstyle?