Ramona shares her special Christmas sugar cookies recipe exclusively with HollywoodLife.com.
The Real Housewives of New York City star Ramona Singer loves the holiday season, especially when she can get into her kitchen and whip up some tasty treats. Ramona tells HollywoodLife.com how to make her favorite recipe — “The Cookie RaMonster.”
The Cookie RaMonster (Christmas Butter Sugar Cookies) Recipe:
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature (very soft to touch)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for the work surface
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat over 350 degrees F
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium high until smooth. Add the egg and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla. Reduce mixer to speed low.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and add it slowly to the butter mixture, mixing until just incorporated (dough will be stiff). Divide dough into 2 round balls and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface (also dust the rolling pin with flour) to 1/4 till 1/4 inch think. Cut into shapes and place onto baking sheets.
- Sprinkle cookies with colored sugar crystals. The scraps can be combined and rolled out again.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown. Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to cooling racks.
“The recipe makes about 36 cookies,” shares Ramona.
Santa will be quite satisfied when he delivers his gifts on Christmas and sees these cookies waiting for him!
– Lindsey DiMattina
More RHONY Stories: