Halloween is right around the corner — you can prepare with this great scary flick!
1982’s The Thing is one of the best monster movies of all time, and I’m thrilled to report that the new prequel of the same name carries on the legacy with plenty of thrills!
The movie stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Eric Christian Olsen as part of a research team sent to analyze a controversial discovery in Antarctica, and to say anything more than “things go wrong” would spoil the fun. I had a blast seeing this fast-paced film, and here are five reasons YOU should brave one of the scariest flicks of the year!
1) Strong acting raises this above typical horror fare!
Mary and Eric are established actors, and their presence gives an inherently silly movie plenty of gravitas.
2) The special effects are insane!
The original film was known for crazy gore and shocking body horror, and although there is a 21st century sheen to this movie, it remains true to the style of the original.
3) The arctic environment makes for a creepy locale!
Although you can flee from your haunted mansion or beasts in the woods, being trapped with a monster thousands of miles away from civilization adds a truly scary element!
4) The mysterious monster makes for cerebral horror!
The title entity in The Thing is harder to identify and kill than the average beast, which makes for some interesting detective work by the survivors!
5) It’s a great excuse to hold your date close!
Isn’t that what scary movies are all about?
What do you think, HollywoodLifers — will you go to see The Thing this weekend?
— William Earl
Click For More Upcoming Movie News!
- NEW Trailer For ‘The Avengers’ Released! Watch It Here!
- New ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part One’ Posters Revealed!
- Kristen Stewart Talks Snow White: ‘I’m Fighting The Most Evil Motherf–kers’ & It’s ‘F–king Anguish!’