The ‘Gossip Girl’ actress wore fabulously frosted eyeshadow and light pink lips to the awards show.
Tika Sumpter‘s celebrity makeup artist, Ashunta Shefiff, tells YOU how she created the stunning makeup look step-by-step using CoverGirl cosmetics.
Here’s what Ashunta did:
- On her face, I created glowing skin by first using COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Concealer in 2 different shades, Light and Terra, to both conceal and brighten areas of her face.
- I then applied COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Compact Foundation, using a slightly lighter shade in the middle of her face and darker on the outside for a 3-D effect.
- I then applied COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Mineral Bronzer in Brown Bronze in a 3-shape motion along each side of her face to contour. Don’t forget to bring the bronzer down into your neck to balance the color in your face!
- I finished her glowing skin by adding COVERGIRL Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Lush Berry on the apples of her cheeks and blending outward with a synthetic brush.
- To create Tika’s sultry smoky eye, I first applied COVERGIRL Intense ShadowBlast in Brown Bling along the entire lid to add a subtle shimmer and prime the eye for the rest of the shadow.
- I then applied the lighter end of COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Silver Sky along the lid and the white end of Smoky ShadowBlast in Onyx Smoke in the inner corner. I then took the black end of Smoky ShadowBlast in Onyx Smoke on the lid and into the crease for a more dramatic effect.
- To amp up the drama even more, I lined her eyes with COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast in Black Fire and and blended that up into the shadow, creating a v-shape with a brush to blend it all together.
- I finished her eyes by adding some false lashes and 4 coats of COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume in Black, perfect bold eyes for the red carpet!
- To balance her dramatic eyes, I wanted to create a pinky-nude lip, so I lined her lips with COVERGIRL LipPerfection lipliner in Sublime and filled in her lips with COVERGIRL Queen Collection Lip Color in Penelope Pink.
Do you love the look, HollywoodLifers?
See More Celeb Makeup How-To’s!