Wearing red is a big statement in itself, so using the appropriate makeup can make all the difference between hot and hot mess.
Reese Witherspoon gets it right and mark celebrity makeup artist Mai Quynh explains how YOU can too!
“When wearing red, you can either try to match your makeup (lip color) to your dress or opt for pretty neutral makeup. For Reese, she went with the latter of the two options,” says Mai.
To get Reese’s natural look, follow Mai’s five steps:
- Her skin is even and healthy and she has a soft pink blush to accent her cheeks.
- For her eyes, she kept the focus along the top lashline by smudging a soft black liner.
- On the bottom of her eyes, she has a slight definition. To create a natural emphasis around the eyes, always wear at least two to three coats of mascara.
- Remember to comb the lashes through after each coat, so that lashes don’t end up clumpy.
- For her lips, she’s wearing a sheer pink gloss. Glosses are a great way to give lips some color, without having to commit like a full on lipstick.
Would YOU try Reese’s neutral makeup and red dress combination?
See More Celebrity Makeup Artist Tips And Tricks!
- Get Nikki Reed’s Natural Beauty Look At The Step Up Women’s Network 8th Annual Inspiration Awards!
- Kate Middleton’s Birthday Celebration Makeup — Get The Look!
- Selena Gomez Billboard Awards Beauty: Get Her Step-By-Step Makeup Look!