It’s Friday! But don’t expect Rebecca Black to remind you anymore!
13-year-old Rebecca Black became a viral star after her music video Friday got 160 million hits on YouTube. Now the video that so-famously chronicled Rebecca’s Friday routine has been replaced with a note from YouTube stating, “This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Rebecca Black.” So why did the pop singer take down the video that made her so famous?!
A rep for Rebecca told E! News, “We can confirm that we submitted a Take Down Notice to YouTube as a result of the dispute we have with Ark Music regarding the ‘Friday’ Video.”
ARK Music, who produced the video, recently began charging a video rental fee of $2.99 earlier this week — and Rebecca’s people were not happy about it! Because ARK Music only owns the YouTube site and not the video or song itself, they are exploiting Rebecca by charging money for the video, hence the video being removed.
A YouTube spokesman told E! News, “YouTube takes copyright infringement very seriously. When we receive a complaint alleging that a video infringes another person or company’s copyrights, we remove that video. Users who believe that a video was removed in error can appeal the copyright takedown.”
More Gossip From Hollywood Life