Highlighter, or illuminator, is a product that draws light to certain parts of the skin to create a fresh, dewy glow.
Miranda Kerr‘s skin is positively lighting up at a press conference in South Korea, June 1. Find out how to properly use highlighter to get this effect and which products you need to grab off the shelves!Why this works: Miranda’s skin looks bright and glowing without looking greasy. Proper placement of highlighting products can help you get the look!Tips and Tricks:
- A great way to think about highlighter, is that it should go on the “highest” points of your face. Your cheekbones, brow bones and the very ridge of your nose are excellent places to dust or dab a bit of highlighting product.
- Don’t put it all over or use too much otherwise you could be sparkling like a disco ball!
- Products with shimmer are great, but products with glitter? Avoid them!
- Blend! You don’t want a big streak across your face. Blend the product so that it easily flows with the rest of your makeup.
What to try:
- Benefit Girl Meets Pearl is a highlighter in a handy stick form. It looks like a chubby Chapstick and can be stowed in a purse or clutch for quick touch-ups!
- Philosophy The Color of Grace Heavenly Light Pink Illuminator gives off a soft pink glow and is easy to apply straight from the brush-tip applicator.
- Nars Illuminator in Orgasm brings the classic, best-selling blush shade to a liquid formula that can be applied for a hint of shimmer.
- Lorac Oil-Free Luminizer in Pearl looks intimidatingly white in the bottle, but goes on sheer for a subtle glisten.
Read About More Red Carpet Tips And Tricks!
- Eden Says: Do You Want Long Lashes Like Kim Kardashian, Rihanna & More? See How YOU Can Get The Lash Look!
- Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Get Their Hair Done Together — Find Out How They Were Styled!
- Selena Gomez Has Bouncy Beach Waves — Get Her Tousled Tresses With Salt Spray!