Selena’s celebrity hairstylist, himself, John D tells YOU how to get her Gorgeous Billboard Music Awards look!
Want to get Selena Gomez‘s long straight hair look with or without extensions? Follow John D‘s how-tos below!“Tonight Selena wore a black D&G dress with triangle cutouts on the sides. It was ultra slick,” says John. “Selena’s hair was straight and sleek tonight. The style was inspired by the dress. Long, dark and dare I say… sexy.”Here’s how John styled Selena’s stunning
- “I sprayed each section with Pureology’s Fortifying Heat Spray. I really like this spray because it not only helps protect the hair from the heat of the iron, but also has a light hold. Leaving the hair moveable and soft.”
- “After finishing smoothing out the hair I spritzed a few pumps of Alterna’s Bamboo Silk Sleek Brilliance Cream. This cream is ideal for adding shine and sealing away any flyaways!”
- “To finish, I created a strong center part and gave the style a final spritz of hairspray, using Tresemme’s Climate Control Hairspray. I love this spray because it helps protect the hair from the elements while leaving the hair touchable and soft.”
TOP 3 TIPS IF YOU’RE LOOKING TO ADD EXTENSIONS:1. Nicholas French, Matrix Artistic Director, recommends a “strand by strand” process.”The type of extensions good for this look is strand by strand remy hair, which means all of the cuticles go in the same direction,” says Nicholas. “This lasts for 3 – 4 months.”2. Deciding on how you would like your hair parted before you get your extensions is a good idea. Selena’s hair is parted right down the middle, but you can choose any part you like. Just tell your stylist first!”The hair should be parted before you put the extensions in so you can mask them better,” says Butterfly Studio Salon stylist Vanessa Fernandez. “You may have less/more extensions on one side depending on the heaviness of the part.”3. Finally, make sure your hair is super clean before your extensions are applied!”It’s better to have a clean scalp before putting in extensions as this will allow them to last longer,” explains Vanessa.
See More On Selena Gomez & Hot Looks!
- Should New Couples Go Away Together Like Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez?
- Justin Bieber Calls Selena Gomez His ‘Girlfriend’
- Justin & Selena On Sexy Hawaiian Getaway!
- Fergie And Beyonce Have Super Blonde Locks! Find Out How To Maintain A Blonde ‘Do!
- Fergie’s Dark Roots: Avoid This Beauty Blunder With The Rita Hazan Root Concealer!
- Hailee Steinfeld Young Hollywood Awards Hair Secret — Only One Product In Her Hair!