Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) Contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. If entrant has not reached the age of majority in his/her primary state of residence at the time of entry into the Promotion (19 years old if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska, 21 years old if a resident of Mississippi, and 18 years old in all other states), then entrant should obtain parental consent in order to be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of YHAwards, Mail.com Media Corporation, and their respective parent and affiliate companies, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is void outside of the 48 Contiguous United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and YHAwards’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning this Sweepstakes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Timing: The Sweepstakes begin on May 27 2011 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and will end on June 5, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: During the Entry Period, visit http://www.hollywoodlife.com and enter to win tickets.
4. Prize Drawing: Young Hollywood Awards will randomly select the 5 winners from all eligible entries received, on June 7, 2011 . The odds of winning are dependent on the total number of entries received. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (unless prohibited) (“Affidavit”) in order to claim his/her prize. If potential winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, potential winner will be disqualified. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that potential winner is disqualified for any reason, YHAwards reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. If winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, YHA reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for complying with all requirements of winner set forth herein.
6. Release: By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Mail.com, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s, Administrator’s and their respective designees’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state and Footage for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or otherwise modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, at its discretion, select the winner from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) other error or problem of any kind, whether technical, computer, network, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, delayed, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, and in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.