The Black Swan beauty’s hairstylist tells you how to get her gorgeous curly ponytail!
Wow! How gorgeous did Natalie Portman look at last night’s People’s Choice Awards? I especially loved her textured, curly ponytail. I figured it might be cool to head straight to her stylist to learn how to do it. Curious how to steal the look? Read on!Natalie’s hair was done by celebrity hairstylist John D, who works with the phenomenal Phyto hair care line. Here’s how to get her beautiful hair in six easy steps, straight from the stylist himself:
- Start by prepping towel-dried hair, spraying the Phytovolume Actif Maximizing Volume Spray at the roots to add some lift.
- Use equal parts Phyto 7 Daily Hydrating Botanical Cream and Phyto Professional Glossing Cream (about a pea size drop of each) and emulsify the combination by rubbing your palms together. Run them through your hair all the way through the ends. This builds in extra moisture and shine.
- After drying your hair, use a 3/4″ curling rod (I like Enzo Milano) curl sections about 1″ square. Concentrate on getting lift at the base/root area.
- When all your hair is curled, give the hair a light misting with Phyto Professional Workable Holding Spray. Then give it a quick comb with your fingers.
- Section a small top section around the bang area, then pull hair back into a ponytail.
- After securing the ponytail with an elastic, release the top section and, maintaining lift, part it slightly to the side. Use any remaining length from the top section to wrap around and conceal the elastic at the base of the ponytail.