Fred Segal Feet Sweepstakes
Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The “Fred Segal Feet” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Participants must be in the Los Angeles area and present at store location on September 29th in order to claim prize. Employees of Hollywoodlife.com LLC, Mail.com Media Corporation, Fred Segal Feet, and their respective parent and affiliate companies, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is void outside of the United States and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning this Sweepstakes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Sponsor: HollywoodLife.com LLC, 9800 S. La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90301.
Sweepstakes Provider: Fred Segal Feet, 8100 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on 9/24/10 at 1:00pm Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 9/28/10 at 1:00 p.m. ET. (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Entry Period, to enter, visit http://www.hollywoodlife.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form.
Limit: Each participant may enter only once during the Entry Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate or subvert the entry process is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Prize Drawing: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all eligible online entries received, on or about the end date indicated in section 3. The odds of winning are dependent on the total number of entries received. The potential winner will NOT be notified by email, mail or phone but instead must be present and check-in personally to determine if they are the winner. If potential winner does not visit the store location during stated hours on the day of the store-wide sale, or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, potential winner will be disqualified. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received.
6. Prize: One (1) winner will receive their choice of one (1) free pair of shoes from Fred Segal Feet at 8100 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, 90046.
Winner must be present and check-in on 9/29/2010 from 10am-7pm in order to claim prize. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $300.00. Shoe selection is subject to store availability, is limited to ARV stated above, and Provider’s sole discretion.
The winner will be responsible for paying all costs and expenses related to the prize acceptance and use that are not specifically mentioned herein as being provided, including, but not limited to, taxes, and any other expenses that might reasonably be incurred by the winner in receiving or using the prize. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of the Prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Release: By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Fred Segal Feet, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s, Provider’s and their respective designees’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state and Footage for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, at its discretion, select the winner from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) other error or problem of any kind, whether technical, computer, network, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, delayed, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, and in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. Winner’s Name: Winner’s Name requests will only be accepted after the Sweepstakes end date (listed above) and no later than October 15, 2010. For the Winner’s name, visit the http://www.hollywoodlife.com, complete the form at the bottom of the FAQ, and select “Win List Request” in the drop down.