Just because summer is almost over doesn’t mean you can’t rock a tan!
Audrina Patridge, 25, had radiating skin at the MTA VMAs Sept. 12, so we had to find out what she did! Instead of using former Dancing with the Stars contest Kate Gosselin’s unhealthy method of going to the tanning bed she uses a self tanner. All we have to say is you cannot tell the difference!
We spoke to Fiona Locke, the St. Tropez skin finishing specialist, who completed Audrina’s amazing VMA tan and who does ALL of the DWTS cast and she told us all the details on how to get the perfect sunless tan!
- Exfoliate before you self-tan with St. Tropez Body Polish to prepare skin for the sunless tanner.
- To prevent the sunless tan look use a light moisturizer on nails, cuticles, elbows, knees, ankles and around your toes before you apply tanner and it allows a certain amount to penetrate through but the tanner won’t over absorb.
- If it’s something you haven’t done before use it sparingly. It’s about the amount you apply. The amount allows you to really control your tan.
- If you are fair and want a subtle glow, use one layer of bronzing product with bronzing mouse. One layer will give you a nice subtle glow and if you decide you want more of a tan you can apply another layer.
- It normally lasts about one week but if you prepare by exfoliating before the tan and keep skin hydrated with a moisturizer with rich body butter it helps sustain your tan.
- To prevent blotching you should not forget to exfoliate before but also exfoliate 2 to 3 days after treatment. Use a light layer of Body Polish and it helps the tan fade evenly. It fades off so nice you never see the splotchiness.
The former Hills star, will be appearing on the eleventh season of ‘DWTS’ with partner Tony Dovolani, beginning Sept. 20. She will be performing the cha cha cha to Katy Perry’s “California Gurls”. Can’t wait to see it and her amazing tan!
[gravityform id=23 name=WinSt. Tropez Self Tan Lotion! description=false]