Don’t be shy, moms. Summer is exhausting! Here are our 10 favorite ways to pamper yourself while the kids are at school.
While it might feel as if you have just as much to do with your day now that the kids are back at school, if you’re lucky, you might be able to grab a half-hour (or more!) for some much-needed “me time.” Here’s 10 ways to enjoy a mini break!1. Lay on the couch and eat bon-bons. We’re serious! (Godiva chocolate truffles are our fav.) There’s a reason this is so cliché. It’s uber-relaxing. Kick up your feet and turn on Maury. Follow it up with a cat nap.
2. Hire a maid for the day. Do this in combo with #1 for an even better kids-away day. Last minute help books up fast, so this might require a day or two of forward-planning. Molly Maid is nationwide.
3. Shop the online sample sales. Hop on to HauteLook, Rue La La and Ideeli at 11 a.m. ET and Gilt at noon ET. It feels so good to beat the other shoppers!
4. Create your own little home spa. Have you used that outlandishly expensive scrub you were given for your birthday last year? Now’s the time. Fill up the bubble bath, unpack your spa pillow and hop in.
5. Gab with your girlfriends. Invite your mama friends over for an afternoon cocktail. Spice it up with Bloody Caesars, the Canadian Bloody Mary. Mix Clamato juice, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. And don’t forget the vodka. Get the recipe here.
6. Trash all your granny, raggedy, stretched-out panties. Order some hot mama new ones at Kiki de Montparnasse.
7. If you have a couple of hours to spare, hole up in your guest room in a pair of sweats with a bag of chips. Watch a chick flick. Anything with Reese Witherspoon or Sandra Bullock is a safe bet. Don’t worry. No one will know.
8. Go on a downloading spree. Browse through iTunes and snap up all your favorite dancing tunes. We’ll get you started. Madonna. Go!
9. Splurge on one completely unnecessary mommy item. Five-inch heels, perhaps? These Giuseppe Zanotti pumps are on “sale.”
10. Read a book at the local Starbucks. If you don’t know who Lisbeth Salandar is yet, you need to dive into The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo.
Tell us: How do you squeeze some “me time” into your day?