Want to steal the Glee beauty’s look from the Emmy red carpet? Read on!
Didn’t Lea Michele look insanely gorgeous and glam on the Emmy red carpet last night? I mean, all I can say is “Wow!” As I previously stated, this is a fantastic date night look, ladies: touchable sexy hair with a defined cat eye and pinkish-nude lip. Want to try this at home? Here’s how to get the look straight from Lea’s own glam squad.Celebrity hair guru Mark Townsend was Lea’s mane man when it came to her tousled waves and used – wait for it – Dove products! Yes! These drugstore mainstays were responsible for all that hotness. Here’s how he did it:
- Starting with clean, washed hair, Townsend used Dove Body & Lift Volumizing Mousse to give it movement, then blow dried her hair with a round brush to add lift. He then sprayed 3″ sections with Dove Heat Defense Therapy Mist to protect her hair against heat damage
- Because of Lea’s Glee shooting schedule, they weren’t able to add color, so Mark added in a few custom golden/coppery hair extensions for removable highlights
- Then, using a 2″ barrel iron, he curled her hair from the ends up, then set each section with a barrel clip for 5 – 7 minutes for ‘S’ curls with a sexy subtle bend
- He then scrunched Dove Daily Moisture Therapy Replenishing Mist through her curls to add moisture and briefly used a blow drier on a cool setting without a diffuser to tousle her hair for a more undone look. He then warmed a pea-sized amount of Dove Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream between his palms and raked his fingers through her hair for a modern texture and shiny finish
- Townsend teased her hair at the crown for extra volume and lift, then finished the look with Dove Unscented Extra Hold Hairspray with Natural Movement .
Now, onto the makeup look. Celebrity makeup artist Melanie Inglessis used NARS cosmetics on the tv star and says of the look she created: “My inspiration was the era of the 60’s. I thought of Raquel Welch and Brigitte Bardot: the winged eye, the nude lip. The dress is so classic, so we wanted to be adventurous with her eyes– giving a dash of color with a soft shadow pencil and kept the lip nude.” Here are the products that Melanie used to get Lea’s red carpet visage:
- PRO-PRIME Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base & Skin Smoothing Face Prep
- Douceur Blush (NEW for Fall 2010)
- Tzarine Duo Eyeshadow (NEW for Fall 2010)
- Palladium Soft Touch Shadow Pencil (NEW for Fall 2010)
- Tashkent Pure Matte Lipstick (not available until September 1st via Saks Fifth Avenue)
And now you can recreate the look all on your own. Use it for your own red carpet moment and be sure to wear something fireproof: this look is HOT!