Vampire Diaries beauty Nina Dobrev looked so pretty at the Teen Choice Awards, her makeup artist tells you how to copy her look!
Earlier today, I asked you to vote on your favorite beauty look from the Teen Choice Awards in Los Angeles on August 8. Your winner, in a landslide, is the gorgeous Nina Dobrev! You guys loved her sultry golden look. Naturally, I had to find out for you how you could copy her perfect summer look. Fortunately, celebrity makeup artist Amy Nadine Rosenberg was more than happy to spill the secrets on how she got the Vampire Diaries star dolled up for the big night! “I was obsessed with Nina’s Alex Perry dress and didn’t want the makeup to compete with the soft metallic colors,” Amy says. “So, I created a look in the same family but a little warmer: nudes, champagnes and golds in lieu of silvers and pewters.”
- “Sweep the light gold shade from the Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Dunes across the entire eye lid then add the taupe shade to the crease,” Amy says. “Finish with the nude color along the brow bone and the inner corners.”
- “With a liner brush, thinly trace the upper and lower lash lines with Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Mauve,” Amy says. “It’s a softer alternative to black.” To really open up the eyes, line the inner waterline with a light nude hue. Finish off the eyes with two coats of mascara and a few individual false lashes.
- “After the eyes are finished, clean up any fallen product and prime your face,” Amy says. Follow with your favorite foundation, concealer and loose powder.
- To add definition to the face, “suck in your cheeks to find your cheekbone, then sweep bronzer along the cheekbone, temple, hairline and under the jawline,” Amy says. “Smile in the mirror to find the apples of your cheeks, then dust Dior Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond.”
- “Fill in the entire lip with Dolce & Gabbana Lip Color in #53 Delicate,” Amy says. A subtle golden gloss finishes off the look.