Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Crest 3D White and Hollywood Life at the BOYA” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. If entrant has not reached the age of majority in his/her primary state of residence at the time of entry into the Promotion (19 years old if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska, 21 years old if a resident of Mississippi, and 18 years old in all other states), then entrant should obtain parental consent in order to be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hollywoodlife.com LLC, Mail.com Media Corporation, Crest 3D White, and their respective parent and affiliate companies, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning this Sweepstakes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Sponsor: HollywoodLife.com LLC, 9800 S. La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90301.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on 7/19/10 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 8/6/10 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Entry Period, to enter, visit http://www.hollywoodlife.com and follow the
links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form.
Limit: Each participant may enter only once during the Entry Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate or subvert the entry process is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Prize Drawing: Sponsor will randomly select the one (1) potential winner from all eligible entries received, on or about TBD. The odds of winning are dependent on the total number of entries received. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone and required to sign and return to Sponsor, within 72 hours of the time notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (unless prohibited) (“Affidavit”) in order to claim his/her prize. If potential winner cannot be contacted within 72 hours, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, potential winner will be disqualified. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. If winner is at least 19 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for complying with all requirements of winner set forth herein.
6. Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize consisting of a trip for 2 to Los Angeles, CA to attend the 8th annual Breakthrough of the Year Awards scheduled to take place on August 15, 2010.
The Grand Prize includes:
• Round trip air transportation for 2 to Los Angeles, CA;
• 2 tickets to the Breakthrough of the Year Awards on August 15, 2010;
• 2 nights’ standard hotel accommodations (one (1) room, double occupancy);
• Ground transportation between the airport and hotel;
• Ground transportation between the hotel and the Awards ceremony;
• Red Carpet experience (pre and post event details to be determined by Sponsor);
Note: Ground transportation in residence city to and from airport will not be provided.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $3,000.00. The actual value will depend on the Grand Prize winner’s city of departure. If winner lives within 100 miles of destination city, Sponsor reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in value. Winner must travel on the dates specified by Sponsor and attend all events included as party of prize or winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety. The exact travel dates are subject to change. Travel times, airline and hotel are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent. The winner will be responsible for paying all costs and expenses related to the prize acceptance and use that are not specifically mentioned herein as being provided, including, but not limited to, taxes, food and beverages not included in prize package, additional ground transportation, gratuities, and any other expenses that might reasonably be incurred by the winner in receiving or using the prize. If the awards ceremony does not take place for any reason, the remaining components of the Grand Prize will be awarded to the winner, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of the Grand Prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the child or legal ward of the winner. Guest (or, if child or legal ward of winner, winner) must execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to prize award. Exact details of Glam Session will be determined by Sponsor.
Sponsor and Crest reserve the right to photograph, videotape or otherwise record winner’s and guest’s participation in all elements of the prize. Sponsor and Crest shall own all rights to the Footage and Sponsor, Crest and their respective designees shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use, reproduce, modify, publish, post, create derivative works from, and display such Footage and all elements embodied therein, including, without limitation, any names and likenesses, in whole or in part, on a worldwide perpetual basis, and to incorporate the Footage into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for internal, advertising, commercial and promotional purposes.
Tickets are subject to terms and conditions thereon. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. Winner and guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. If the winner or his or her guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person (or if the winner or his or her guest has in the past engaged in such behavior and that becomes known to Sponsor), Sponsor may terminate the Breakthrough of the Year Awards experience or other prize experience early (as applicable), in whole or in part, and Released Parties (as defined below) will not provide a substitution prize or compensation for the awards or applicable other experience. In the event Sponsor or Crest is unable to provide any prize element, including, but not limited to tickets to the Breakthrough of the Year Awards, no compensation or substitution will be provided; however, remainder of prize package will be awarded and neither Sponsor nor Crest will have any further obligation to winner. The winner and his or her guest must travel together on same itinerary. The winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (valid photo I.D., credit card, etc.) before departure. All federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of winner; and the winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of the prize.
7. Release: By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Crest and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s, Crest and their respective designees’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state and Footage for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, at its discretion, select the winner from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) other error or problem of any kind, whether technical, computer, network, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, delayed, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, and in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. Winner’s Name: Winner’s Name requests will only be accepted after the Sweepstakes end date (listed above) and no later than TBD. For the Winner’s name, visit the http://www.hollywoodlife.com, complete the form at the bottom of the FAQ, and select “Win List Request” in the drop down.