Hollywood stars take home a majority of the prizes at the 2010 Tonys!
We all knew to expect stars including Scarlett Johansson (Best Featured Actress in a Play), Denzel Washington (Best Actor in a Play), and Catherine Zeta Jones (Best Actress in a Musical) at tonight’s Tony Awards – but had no idea they would all go home winners! These three represented just a few of the stars honored with the prestigious award from the American Theatre Wing.
The star studded evening brought out guests including Katie Holmes, Daniel Radcliffe, Lucy Liu, Kristin Chenoweth, Cate Blanchett, and a special performance from Glee stars Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison. Other winners included actress Viola Davis (Best Actress in a Play), Eddie Redmayne (Best Featured Actor in a Play), and Kate Finneran (Best Featured Actress in a Musical).
As for the plays taking home the big prize, Red was awarded Best Play, Fences Best Revival of a Play, Memphis Best Musical, and La Cage Aux Folles Best Revival of a Musical.
CHECK OUT OUR LIST OF SOME OF LAST NIGHT’S WINNERS
- Best Play: Red
- Best Musical: Memphis
- Best Revival of a Play: Fences
- Best Revival of a Musical: La Cage aux Folles
- Best Actor in a Play: Denzel Washington, Fences
- Best Actress in a Play: Viola Davis, Fences
- Best Actor in a Musical: Douglas Hodge, La Cage aux Folles
- Best Actress in a Musical: Catherine Zeta-Jones, A Little Night Music
- Best Featured Actor in a Play: Eddie Redmayne, Red
- Best Featured Actress in a Play: Scarlett Johansson, A View from the Bridge
- Best Featured Actor in a Musical: Levi Kreis, Million Dollar Quartet
- Best Featured Actress in a Musical: Kate Finneran, Promises, Promises
Get the scoop on the Tony Awards here !