Are you sad or glad Timmy got the boot from American Idol this week?
Despite being the most critically despised contestant on American Idol this season, ‘Teflon’ Tim Urban just kept grinning his toothpaste commercial smile — making it all the way to the top seven before getting the boot on April 21. Just one day after bidding his Idol dreams goodbye, the 20-year-old revealed to Ellen DeGeneres just what gives him confidence — and why he doesn’t pay any attention to his haters!
“[It’s] just knowing who you are and knowing who I am,” Tim told the Idol judge on her talk show April 22, explaining, “When I walk up on stage knowing that when I’m done on stage I’ve giving it my best so I just have to take satisfaction in that. If I’m satisfied with it then I can’t let what other people say about it get me down otherwise it would be really hard to go back out there next week and perform.”
Tim IS pretty invincible. Despite constant criticism from judges Ellen (who described him as the “soup of the day: sometimes you like it, sometimes you don’t” on April 20), Simon Cowell, Kara DioGuardi and Randy Jackson, the adorable contestant just kept on bouncing back.
Love him or hate him, you can’t deny the kid has a great attitude!
Get the scoop on the hottest reality show in America here!
- What You DIDN’T See On TV This Week!
- Blake Lewis Loves Michael Lynche!
- EXCLUSIVE! American Idol Vocal Coach Dorian Holley Gives Inside Look At Top 24
- EXCLUSIVE! Former ‘American Idol’ Jason Castro Gives Advice To American Idol Top 24
- Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
- Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
- Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva