You don’t have to suffer to look like a celeb! We’ve got cocktails, bar food, and snacks that will leave you feeling like you indulged in treat — without busting your diet!
When I heard that Chelsea Handler kept her figure by sustaining on vodka and french fries, I thought … that sounds like a pretty good way to spend the summer! But obviously most of us can’t stay in shape by downing martinis and fried potatoes. However, hope is not lost. There are a slew of snacks — and beverages — that, while not exactly “good” for you, aren’t going to completely bust your diet either.
Celebs like Kim Kardashian, Holly Madison, and Katy Perry choose popchips instead of french fries, and tequila on the rocks instead of margaritas … so they give up the calories without giving up indulging all together! So check out these Un-Guilty snack foods and spiked drinks that will satisfy your junk cravings — without completely busting your diet. Because nobody wants to go a whole summer without a cocktail!
This cocktail recipe from Butter Restaurant in NYC is super sweet, and simple to make:
2.5 parts Svedka Vodka
1 part fresh Lemon Juice
1.5 part Agave Nectar
Combine ingredients and shake vigorously. Strain into martini glass. Garnish with French Dragees.
A low-cal take on a margaritas from Justin Timberlake‘s NYC eatery Southern Hospitality is terrific way to sip tequila:
1.5 oz Justin Timberlake’s 901 Tequila
1 oz fresh Lime Juuice
1 oz Agave Nectar
Shake and sip!
This bold treat from New York hotspot Buddakan will keep you cool and calorie conscience this summer!
1.5 oz Stoli Citrus
1.5 Oolong Tea
.25 oz Lemongrass Syrup
.25 oz Lemon Juice
Serve in Collins glass, stir, and garnish with lemon wedge.
HEALTHY BAR FOOD!
Wall and Water Mushroom Salad
This salad, served in the Andaz Hotel’s restaurant in NYC, is a light and delicious way to feed your hunger cravings! This recipe is for six 5 oz, portions.
3 pounds of fresh seasonal mushrooms, cleaned
2 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
3 oz extra virgin olive oil plus 2 oz to finish the salad
Kosher salt to taste
Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
.5 pound organic arugula
2 Tbsp. roasted garlic
.25 cup picholini olives, pitted
6-8 thin slices (in rings) red onion
1 lemon, juiced
.5 cup roasted hazelnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Clean mushrooms with a brush to be sure to get all of the dirt from the surface and gills, and place into a large mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle with the chopped thyme and drizzle with 3 ounces of extra virgin olive oil. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss well until the mushrooms have absorbed all of the oil.
4. Place the mushrooms on a large sheet pan and roast for 12 minutes to allow moisture to evaporate. Let mushrooms cool to room temperature.
5. Once cool, place into a large mixing bowl. Add roasted garlic, red onion slices, picholini olives, the juice of one lemon, and 2 ounces of extra virgin olive oil.Mix well to blend.
6. To finish the salad, gently fold in the arugula and season with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper. Top with roasted hazelnuts and serve.
This Yellowtail Jalapeno recipe from swanky NYC Japanese eatery Tanuki Tavern is so simple! There’s no excuse not to reach for this instead of fried shrimp on a warm day. This recipe is for one 4 0z. serving.
4 oz. fresh Hamachi, also called Yellowtail fish
1 Jalapeno pepper
1 Japanese mountain potato
2 Tbs. Spicy ponzu sauce (or substitute with 1 cup lemon juice, 1tbs rice vinegar, 4/3 cup soy, 1 Tbs. sriracha)
1/4 cup Micro green mix for the garnish
1. Slice Hamachi into six pieces, about 1 and ¼ inch long x 1 inch wide
2. Place Hamachi in circle around the plate, spacing the slices evenly.
3. Slice the jalepeno into six thin rings
4. Slice the Japanese mountain potato into six things rings
3. Place 1 slice of jalapeno and 1 slice of crispy mountain potato on each Hamachi slice.
4. Lightly drizzle the spicy ponzu sauce over Hamachi and micro mix green for the garnish.
CELEBS’ FAVORITE SNACKS ON-THE-GO!
BBQ Pop Chips
‘Tis the season for BBQ! But if you’re craving the taste of bar-b-que, but don’t want to fill up on a greasy meal, grab a bag of BBQ flavored popchips. At 100 calories per bag, they are quick way to feed your craving, without filling your fat content.
Sugar Factory Couture Lollipops
Celebs like Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Katy Perry get their sugar fix — without killing their calorie count for the day — with Sugar Factory lolipops! The pops come with a plastic cover, so you can save it for later! The pop’s bejewelled stick costs $25.00 — but you can continue to replace the tops every time you’re done!
The latest treat to join the FroYo craze is Yogen Früz, which blends vanilla yogurt with fruit to crate a customized blend for dessert. Brooke Shields, Courteney Cox, and Khloe Kardashian are fans of the newest flavor, Chai Latte, which combines the taste of a super sugary coffee drink with frozen yogurt, for only 110 calories — including the shaved almonds! So yummy, you’ll never pick up a calorie-heavy frozen coffee again.
Ok, so you can’t live on gum alone, but after a night of boozing and eating, you might want to cut back the next day. If you’re trying to stop yourself from snacking, chew gum! Heather Graham, Whitney Port, and Denise Richards are obsessed with Trident Layers gum, and at 5 calories a piece, the sugar free snack is not hurting your figure!