Executive producer Kirk Shaw remembers Corey Haim as a great actor who struggled to cope with his emotions
Caring, eager, and not afraid to face his demons — those who worked with Corey Haim remember him with these kind words. The ’80s heartthrob died suddenly from a reported accidental overdose early March 10 in Los Angeles and the executive producer of his 2007 reality TV show The Two Coreys, Kirk Shaw, told HollywoodLife.com he will always remember Corey as a great actor who couldn’t beat his battle with his own emotions.
Here is Shaw’s statement:
It was with both personal and professional sadness that I heard of Corey Haim’s passing this morning. Great performances by actors most often come from those who successfully dive deep into their soul to dredge up and bring their own inner demons into their stage and screen performances.
In this way a deep personal aspect of an actor is revealed and shared with us. To me Corey was like that. Facing his demons to better his craft as an actor, but perhaps not liking what he found inside.
Just like many of Corey’s fans, I first got to know Corey sitting in the theatre watching Lost Boys. And then a few years ago, I had the great fortune to meet and work with Corey on the first season of the series, Two Coreys. I knew of his career in between, but when I met Corey he was eager to work on the series and to show his fans that he cared. I think that is how best to remember him.
For his fans, Corey’s internal struggles allowed him to create some very memorable moments on screen, but for Corey the cost of looking inside for character motivation might just have reflected too closely how he dealt with his life off screen.
Thank you Corey you will be remembered and missed by your fans around the world.
Get More on Corey Haim:
- Corey Haim: Could a Drug-Induced Heart Attack Have Killed Him?
- EXCLUSIVE! ‘Two Coreys’ Exec. Producer: Corey Was ‘Facing His Demons To Better His Craft’
- Corey Feldman Remembers His Best Friend: Corey Haim Was ‘A Wonderful, Beautiful, Tormented Soul’
- A Look Back At The Ladies Who Loved Corey Haim
- Haunting Video of Corey Haim — He Says, ‘I’m Going To Die’
- EXCLUSIVE! Corey Haim’s Neighbor: ‘He Looked Alive When He Was Wheeled Out’
- Remembering Corey — A Look Back At Actor Corey Haim In Photos & Video
- Teen Idol Corey Haim Found Dead Of Drug Overdose This Morning