Can you imagine losing your closest friend without getting to say goodbye?
Actors Corey Feldman and Corey Haim became best friends more than twenty years ago when they worked together in the movie Lost Boys in 1987 and continued to collaborate until they had a falling out in 2007 due to Haim’s drug use. Following Haim’s sudden death due to a reported accidental drug overdose March 10, Feldman, 38, therapeutically blogged about his best friend and “brother,” saying he was so distraught with tears, his eyes wouldn’t open.
“I was awakened at 8:30 this morning by my brother and sister knocking on my bedroom door. They informed me of the loss of my brother Corey Haim. My eyes weren’t even open all the way when the tears started streaming down my face.
I am so sorry for Corey, his mother Judy, his family, my family, all of our fans, and of course my son who I will have to find a way to explain this to when he gets home from school. This is a tragic loss of a wonderful,beautiful,tormented soul, who will always be my brother,family, and best friend.
We must all take this as a lesson in how we treat the people we share this world with while they are still here to make a difference. Please respect our families as we struggle and grieve through this difficult time.
I hope the art Corey has left behind will be remembered as the passion of that for which he truly lived.” ~ Corey
Get More on Corey Haim:
- Corey Haim: Could a Drug-Induced Heart Attack Have Killed Him?
- EXCLUSIVE! ‘Two Coreys’ Exec. Producer: Corey Was ‘Facing His Demons To Better His Craft’
- Corey Feldman Remembers His Best Friend: Corey Haim Was ‘A Wonderful, Beautiful, Tormented Soul’
- A Look Back At The Ladies Who Loved Corey Haim
- Haunting Video of Corey Haim — He Says, ‘I’m Going To Die’
- EXCLUSIVE! Corey Haim’s Neighbor: ‘He Looked Alive When He Was Wheeled Out’
- Remembering Corey — A Look Back At Actor Corey Haim In Photos & Video
- Teen Idol Corey Haim Found Dead Of Drug Overdose This Morning