Camilla Belle puts a blue spin on smoky eyes, learn how you can too!
I’ve seen the traditional black smoky eye a million times before so I get really excited and inspired when I see something different like Camilla Belle’s navy and grey combo she wore to a pre-Oscar party in LA on Feb. 28. I had to get the scoop from Camilla’s makeup artist, Fiona Stiles on how she got this gorgeous look. “We do so many smoky eyes so I wanted to reinterpret it,” Fiona explains. “It’s a little softer with the deep navy. It’s a little rock and roll but still soft and pretty.” The main key to getting this eye? “Blend it really well to keep it very soft,” Fiona says. Here’s how Fiona got Camilla’s sultry smoky eyes!
- Fiona started by applying a Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow in Garment, a deep navy hue all over the lower lid. “Dark colors can get patchy,” she warns. “Iridescent hues blend easier than matte ones.”
- “I used a peach, skin-toned matte shadow under the brow.” (Fiona’s not a huge fan of a sparkle highlighter under the brow.) Then, she blended the light peach shade into the navy.
- Once the two shades were blended well, she used Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color in Slate, a silvery grey on top of the lower lid as a highlight.
- Then, she smudged black liner along the lash line and used lots of black mascara. And, “just a few lashes for thickness rather than length,” Fiona says.
- As the finishing touch, she used Nars Eyeliner Pencil in London, a grey, not black liner along the inner rims of the eyes. “Use something that has iridescence to bring light to the eyes so you have a twinkle.” – Marta Topran