Brian may seem like a serious actor but this Michigan native definitely has a sense of humor!
Brian d’Arcy James is currently starring alongside the beautiful Alicia Silverstone in the Broadway play Time Stands Still in NYC. This is just one of his many stage roles — he’s been in Broadway’s Titanic, Carousel, and Blood Brothers, and he also starred opposite the lovely Idina Menzel in Andrew Lippa‘s The Wild Party. This two time Tony nominated actor has a very interesting family history … his uncle was in the tv series Flipper (remember with the dolphin) and his grandfather was the former Governor of Michigan. Brian opened up and told us some things you probably didn’t know!
Six things you never knew about Brian d’Arcy James!
- I try to hang my favorite painting of a monkey wearing a dunce cap in the dressing room of any Broadway show I’m in.
- Got interested in playing the piano by hearing the beginning of Jefferson Starship’s Jane and Foreigner’s Cold as Ice.
- I’m semi-obsessed with monkeys.
- Had my face bitten by my Uncle’s dog “Bear” during a no-blinking contest. I lost.
- Choked on a small potato when I was 11 at a function honoring Earvin “Magic” Johnson.
- Creating a TV comedy about my time in industrials (corporate theater)…a highlight includes singing KC and Sunshine Band’s “Keep it Comin’ Love” while tossing a large red ball in front of sales reps for the Smokeless Tobacco Industry.