The Golden Globe nominee is the latest celebrity to lend her hand, and open her wallet, to the relief effort.
Sandra Bullock is famous for giving back, so it’s no surprise that the Golden Globe nominated actress and Blind Side star reached deep into her pockets to help with the horrific situation Haiti. She donated a whopping $1 million to Doctors Without Borders to fix three of their facilities damaged by the earthquake in Port-Au-Prince. “I wanted to ensure that my donation would be used immediately to meet the needs of the Haitian people affected by this catastrophic event,” Sandra said Jan. 15 in a statement.
In the past, the gorgeous giver gave $1 million to victims of the Tsunami, which hit Asia and Africa in 2004, and gave hundreds of thousands to help victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans in 2005.
But Sandra is just one of many A-listers who felt called to contribute to the relief effort. Madonna recently donated $250,000 to Partners in Health, Alyssa Milano gave $50,000 to UNICEF, Brangelina donated $1 million to Doctors Without Borders and Oprah‘s Angel Network gave $1 million to the American Red Cross — and that’s not everyone! It’s great to see Hollywood coming together to help the world in its time of need.
Get More on Hollywood helping Haiti:
- Stars Give Big To Haiti!
- EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Clinton Is Raising Money For Haiti & Getting In Shape!
- Did You Care About The World When You Were 16? Taylor Momsen Says She’s Too Busy To Worry About Haiti
- Yay! Madonna’s Giving $250,000 to Haiti! And David Blaine’s Performing To Raise Funds!
- HollyWow! Gisele Bundchen Out-Donates Brangelina By Donating $1.5 Million To The Haitian Relief Efforts!
- Alyssa Milano Challenges Corporations: Match My $50,000 UNICEF Donation to Haiti!