Breaking Dawn is a go on the big-screen. Are you as excited as we are?
I’m doing cartwheels right now. My personal favorite of the Twilight books – Breaking Dawn – is finally being adapted for the big screen!
Twilight saga Wyck Godfrey confirmed that the film will start shooting this fall in Vancouver. Although it isn’t clear whether the book will be filmed in one or two segments (to prolong the excitement, natch) Godfrey DID confirm that all three of the flick’s stars – Robert Pattinson, 23, Kristen Stewart, 19, and Taylor Lautner , 17, – will be back for round four.
“It’s a work in process,” Godfrey told the LA Times. “The issue [of whether there will be one or two movies] is not going to be resolved until we get the full treatment and see whether it’s organic. If it’s not organic, I don’t think it will be done, and if it is, it will be. It really has to do with how much level of detail from the books there is, with all of these new vampires that appear in Breaking Dawn, the whole section about Jacob…It’s a very long single movie if it does become a single movie.”
Whether it be one movie or two (fingers crossing for two!) there are several scenes in Breaking Dawn that will be pretty damn hard to adapt, which is partially why I’m such a fan of the final book. It’s complex, it’s adult – it’s human (and not, at the same time, if you catch my drift). I’m going to tell you what makes BD so fabulous, but please be warned: there are spoilers ahead.
- 17-year-old Edward Cullen and 19-year-old Bella Swan say ‘I do.’ A moment so swoon-worthy you’ll be dabbing your eyes with fang-embossed handkerchiefs.
- Get ready for Edward and Bella to consummate their relationship in a VERY hot sex scene that involves….feathers.
- Bella has a baby! And she’s not quite human.
- The newest Mrs. Cullen becomes a lady of the night – literally. Bella’s going to get fangs and some serious blood lust (heavy on the lust – her libido goes through the roof!)
- The Volturi try to throw their muscle around, but, as always, good prevails over evil
- Bella’s BFF, Jacob Black, falls in love with her baby girl, Reneesme. But like, really in love. As in ‘we hope it’s a VERY long betrothal’ period.
Excited yet? I mean, there’s always Twilight Saga: Eclipse, which premieres on June 30, to tide us over. But Breaking Dawn is really the one worth waiting for.