And while word has it that paparazzi agencies who are scouring the globe for Woods would get bids for up to $500,000 for the first photos of the golfer, a new report in Us Weekly claims that Tiger’s been hiding out right under the noses of NYC media at the palatial Oyster Bay, LI estate of media mogul James Dolan, the CEO of Cablevision and the owner of Madison Square Garden and the New York Knicks.
According to Us, Dolan reached out to Tiger and invited him to hide out “at his $13.5 mil waterfront estate “a week after the scandal broke.” Don’t expect there to be any confirmation from Dolan about his controversial guest — a Madison Square Garden spokesperson told Us, “It’s categorically false. However, Dolan has a history of drug and alcohol addictions, which he has conquered and has a history of helping troubled athletes.
Though he’s famously media-shy, Dolan has spoken in the past about conquering his own substance-abuse-fueled demons. As he told New York magazine recently, Dolan says his addiction in this thirtieswas “not a festival of love, it was a festival of self-abuse. Like any other alcoholic and chemically dependent person, every binge, every event, is a little more than the one before.”
Here’s how Tiger has kept out of sight — plus how he and Elin are communicating, and how his estranged blonde wife struggled through her ski vacation in Chamonix:
- He’s kept himself invisible by using Jim Dolan’s private jets to fly from Florida to Long Island and even to visit his mom Kultida in Orange County, Ca.
- Apparently, he’s “a mess,” says a source to Us who saw him in his gated community. “He looked like he hadn’t slept and his eyes were puffy, like he’d been crying.”
- He misses his kids. He talks to them by speakerphone: “Daddy loves you very much, I hope you know that. Daddy misses you so much and I’m sorry I can’t be with you.”
- He’s talking regularly to Elin by phone: She’s taking his calls, but she doesn’t hold back from her anger while speaking to him.
- Elin looked hugely stressed during her vacation at the $12,500-per-week exclusive chalet that she stayed at with her sister Josefin, her sister’s husband Daniel, and possibly two other couples.
- Sources in France told Us: “She had big bags under her eyes and her face was really sad.” Apparently, she had trouble eating her meals but “she would often ask for things like cake or sweet bread early in the morning before breakfast.” Also, she often headed out to ski alone.
- According to Fla. Highway Patrol Kim Montes, who met with Tiger four days after the class, Tiger’s facial injures were not in any way extensive, contrary to online rumors. She called his injuries “a fat lip.”
- He may still be seeing Rachel: A source close to Uchitel claims Tiger and Rachel spent Christmas together.
So the question still remains, when will the golfer and harem-master make his first public appearance? And will it be in a full-blown public way, or will Tiger’s tail finally be caught by one lucky snapper?