Do you want to have a sexy six-pack like Gwen? Just follow these tips from America’s Fitness Ambassador Steve Jordan
What we wouldn’t give to have a body like Gwen Stefani’s! The woman looks like she literally takes a deep breath and – voila – out pops a six pack. We’re sort of flabbergasted that Gwen, 40, shown here walking with equally fit hubby Gavin Rossdale , 42, on the beaches of St. Bart’s Jan. 4 – not only regained her figure after giving birth TWICE – to Kingston, 3, and Zuma, 16 months, but that she has any time to work out at all as a busy mom.
Although getting Gwen’s bod may seem effortless, there’s a lot of work that goes into looking so fierce. If you’re prepared to put in the work – and the time – we at HollywoodLife.com are happy to share the singer’s six-pack program with you.
Fitness guru Steve Jordan, who has trained Twilight’s Ashley Greene, America Ferrara, Rosario Dawson and Heidi Klum’s hubby, Seal, among others, is the man with the plan. “Gwen’s rock-hard six-pack didn’t come after over-indulging for the holidays,” he tells HollywoodLife.com. “To have a body like this, you have to be very cautious of what you put into your mouth, as well as how you exercise. Walking and dieting will absolutely keeps pounds off the waist and hips, but without proper exercise – which includes focused abdominal work and total body core exercises – you will not get a six-pack.”
• Go to bed early and get your eight hours of sleep. “Having young kids or new-borns can get you into the right sleeping pattern. Getting seven to eight hours of sleep helps to regulate important hormones (cortisol) that will help reduce fat around the belly and keep other hormones at optimal levels.”
• Alternate days of Focused Abs and Total Body Core. “Focused Abs are like crunches; do three sets of 50 reps each of crunches, reverse crunches and oblique crunches. Then do three sets at one minute each of Total Body Core, which are planks, side planks and lunges with trunk rotation.”
• Stay active on your off days. “This helps you to use up energy and burn calories. Walk whenever you can. My rule of thumb is that you should perspire once every single day for 20 minutes or more.”
• Eat small portions to where you are ¾ full. Eat most of your calories in the morning and less calorie-rich foods at he day wears on. “Eat breakfast like a Queen, lunch like a Princess and dinner like a pauper.”
• “Have lean proteins like fish, meat, eggs and tofu at every meal.”
• Eat colorful meals. “Fresh and/or organic vegetables that are full of color are great at every meal – including breakfast.”
• Stay hydrated. “It’s all about hydration, hydration, hydration, girls. Drinking water is the most essential nutrient in our bodies and a sure way to stay lean and sexy. You should have at least ½ ounce of water per pound of body weight if you are not exercising regularly, and 2/3 of an ounce if you are active for an hour or more every day.”