You go James Cameron! Not only is Avatar knocking out box office numbers at more than $1 billion worldwide, but EVERYBODY in the industry can’t seem to get enough of the blue goods, Dancing with Smurfs or no. From the Obamas, Audrina Patridge, and Rainn Wilson to Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron, check out which celebs saw Avatar.
Who said what? And who saw Avatar:
- Audrina Patridge from The Hills tweeted, “just posted pics from the BLUE carpet at the Avatar Premiere last night…check them out at http://bit.ly/6Dz36e Movie was amazing!!”
- The School of Rock‘s Miranda Cosgrove went on Dec. 21 and tweeted, “Just went to see Avatar in 3D. It was amazing!”
- Simon Pegg (Star Trek and Shaun of the Dead) said, “After seeing Avatar, I predict Star Wars Episode VII featuring all the original characters will be announced before 2015.”
- “The Office’s” Rainn Wilson double tweeted, “Just saw Avatar in 4D! (Dressed entirely as a Na’vi warrior). Apparently Avatar just passed The Rocker to become the 5th highest grossing movie of all time.”
- Michael Moore tweeted on Dec. 24, “Go see Avatar – a brilliant movie 4 our times. Don’t worry if theater doesn’t have 3D – the 2D is awesome & it’s all about the story anyway!”
- LeVar Burton tweeted Dec. 28, “I just got back from seeing Avatar 3-D for the 2nd time… It IS as good as I thought it was!”
- The Obama daughters, Malia, 11, and Sasha, 8 got a whole theater to themselves on New Years Eve to see Avatar! What good parents you are President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama!
- Vanessa Hudgens and boyfriend Zac Efron went on a date to see Avatar on Sunday, Jan. 3 in Hollywood, CA.
- Brad Pitt, 46, took his son Maddox Jolie-Pitt, 8, for a boys night out in New York City to see Avatar on Dec. 28. The other kids — Pax, Zahara, and Shiloh — stayed home. Maddox, you were one lucky boy to get your daddy all to yourself!
- Apart from the rest of the Avatar fans, John Mayer seemed to have some issues with the movie. In a stream of tweets on Dec. 19 he explained, “Most compelling part of Avatar? The man next to me at the urinal who pulled his pants and boxers down to his knees. Alien indeed. You heard it here, folks: it’s possible to be both an intelligent, culturally literate member of society AND walk out on Avatar.” Um, ok, guy. Tell us what you really thought: “What I meant to say about Avatar is don’t go see it if you’re buzzed on margaritas the size of a goldfish bowl. I will take a crack at Avatar again, this time with good old fashioned peyote.” Now we get it.
What did you think of Avatar? Tell us below!
– Lindsey DiMattina
Get More on Avatar:
- EXCLUSIVE! Brad Pitt Takes Maddox On A Boys Day Out To See ‘Avatar’ In 3-D In NYC!
- Wow! Even A Blizzard Couldn’t Stop ‘Avatar’ — It Opened To $232 Million Worldwide!
- Do You Like Michelle Rodriguez’s ‘Avatar’ Hair?
- ‘Avatar’ Evening Beauties
- Zoe Saldana, How Can We Get Your ‘Avatar’ Glow?
- Hey Obama Girls, What Did You Think Of ‘Avatar?’ You Had The Entire Theater To Yourselves!