I can’t! But apparently the worse you behave, the more attention ye shall receive.
Remember how the bad boys were always the hottest and most popular in high school? Yeah, things don’t really change with age. Despite being arrested for allegedly threatening to kill his wife, Brooke Mueller, Charlie Sheen was rewarded with the media equivalent of a slap on the back. More than 11 million viewers turned in to see his CBS comedy, Two and a Half Men, making it the highest rated Monday night show.
In its seventh season, Two and a Half Men has always gotten high ratings, but recently it was losing to The Big Bang Theory. I guess I have to begrudgingly admit that scandals boost ratings.
Case in point: The Gosselins. After Jon and Kate’s very public marriage problems (ie: Jon’s nasty wandering eye), the May 2009 season five premiere of their boring reality show, Jon & Kate Plus 8, shattered records, drawing more than 4.3 million viewers … TLC’s highest ratings ever!
So lame. We should stop rewarding these losers. Why do people like Charlie deserve gold stars for being toolbags?
The next time you’re flipping through the channels, can you please NOT tune in to Two and a Half Men? I mean, does he really deserve such positive reinforcement for allegedly doing something so terrible?
Does the Charlie Sheen scandal make YOU want to tune into his show?
- Charlie Sheen, This Incident With Brook Mueller Sounds Familiar — You Were Accused Of Assault In 1996, Too!
- Is Charlie Sheen About To Relive His Nasty Divorce From Denise Richards?
- This Isn’t The First Time Charlie Sheen’s Had Serious Marital & Alcohol Issues
- Brooke Mueller — Are You Already Over Charlie Sheen?
- All The Latest Details On Charlie Sheen’s Arrest & Domestic Violence Allegations Against Wife Brooke Mueller!