Hello Mason your mom Kourtney is so excited that you arrived Dec. 14 and she’s so loving being a mama that she’s already talking about having baby #2!
Kourtney Kardashian, the oldest Kardashian sister, told Life&Style that being with her new son who was 7 lbs, 6 oz at birth, “has definitely made me think about having another one! Kim and I are 18 months apart. Right now I’m obsessed with Mason and want to give him all my time.”
In true Kardashian fashion, Mason knew exactly when to make his entrance. Kourtney says her water broke while watching the premiere of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. “I felt this trickling of liquid but I wasn’t sure whether it was my water breaking. So I just sat there watching the show and eating Mexican food.” When Kourt finally called the doctor and he told her to go to the hospital …”Everyone started jumping up and down. We were really excited!”
Kourtney says her labor was surprisingly easy, but she had a crowded delivery room: her boyfriend Scott Disick, mom Kris and sisters Khloe and Kim, were all there. Scott actually cut the umbilical cord – “he was great,” she gushed.
Now, she says of Mason – “I love his facial expressions. I love when he sticks out his tongue and when he’s sleeping and his mouth is open. He just does the funniest faces all days. He also sleeps with his hands up by his head.”
Here’s what else Kourtney has to say about her new little man and being a mom:
- She’s breastfeeding even though she has implants: “Sometimes people with implants can’t breast-feed or their milk doesn’t come in. So my doctor told me, if it doesn’t happen that easily, don’t feel bad about it. I’m lucky that it’s been going really well.”
- None of her sisters have babysat yet: “I have to be there every two hours to feed, but I’d be too scared anyway. Khloe has changed him though. She’s great with babies. Kim is always stopping by.” Kourtney’s two little sisters Kendall, 14, and Kylie, 12, have both offered to babysit little Mason, but Kourt’s not ready to leave him with anyone just yet.
- How they picked his name: “Mason was the only one I liked. [My aunt] told me that Mason means the same thing in English that Kardashian means in Armenian — stone worker — and the middle name, Dash is not for my clothing store — that would be stupid. Dash is short for Kardashian, and it was my father’s nickname.”
Now, here’s what Scott has to say:
- He’s not into changing diapers but his son has changed his life: “I fall so much more in love with this kid every day. I can’t imagine how much more in love with him I’m going to be by the time he’s 5 or 10 or 20!”
- His relationship with Kourtney has gotten stronger: “We share the most beautiful thing in the world now, a beautiful son. Not we’re all a family.”
- He loves holding little Mason: “My first time holding him was definitely special. But holding him the second time was even more special than that.”