Are you feeling the drying, frizzing effects of the harsh cold?
Fret no more! Celebrity hair stylist, David Evangelista who’s worked with Hollywood A-listers like Eva Longoria Parker, Hilary Swank and Mandy Moore, just to name a few is sharing his top tips for maintaining healthy, gorgeous, beautiful hair!David’s top tips for fabulous winter hair!
- “Heated rooms take the moisture right out of the hair cuticle. Combat this by using a humidifier to ensure there is moisture in the air while you sleep.”
- “Use warm water when shampooing and conditioning hair. Very hot water will dry the hair out and make it more difficult to style.”
- “Trim hair every 3 months. Hair can break and split more easily in the winter time due to cold temperatures and dryness. Make sure to see your stylist for regular trims!”
- “Use a hair mask twice a month. A moisturizing mask is a great source of hydration and makes hair softer, more manageable and promotes shine.”
- “For heat styling, choose an appliance that is ceramic and ionic — these 2 elements working together help to NOT dry the hair out.”
- “A leave in conditioning treatment is fantastic because it helps coat the hair shaft and creates a barrier between the cuticle and the environmental elements.” – Marta Topran