If Brooke decides to divorce Charlie, she should know what she’s getting herself into!
A new report claims that Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller were already in the middle of a trial separation at the time of Charlie’s Dec. 25 arrest, and that a divorce is in the works. But Brooke, before you put your signature on anything, you should know what a divorce from Charlie really looks like — and to do that, let’s look back at what happened between him and Denise Richards: outrageous e-mails, wild accusations and public verbal bashing was just the tip of the iceberg!
- Denise filed for divorce from Charlie on April 19, 2006, claiming he was addicted to prostitutes and gambling, unstable and obsessed with underage porn. She claimed he attacked her at their home in 2005.
- On April 21, Charlie was ordered to stay at least 300 ft. away from Denise, her home and car, and their daughters — excluding supervised visits.
- Charlie released his first statement on April 23: “Obviously, what has taken place is vile, is unconscionable, is without merit, is a transparent and immature smear campaign. She’s claiming certain things. It’s baseless.”
- Charlie and Denise temporarily put their grudge aside on May 12, agreeing to a temporary child custody settlement.
- In June, Charlie was spotted out with now-wife Brooke Mueller, while Denise moved on to Richie Sambora.
- Denise tried to clear the air in an Aug. 2006 interview with Harper’s Bazaar, saying: “I’ve never done drugs, never been around a prostitute, never known any porn stars. I couldn’t even fathom that lifestyle. I grew up in Illinois, not L.A. He told me that was in the past, and I believed him. … I wasn’t trying to be vindictive and to bring him down. It was humiliating for me to have a lot of that out there.”
- Charlie sat down with Ellen DeGeneres in Nov. 2006 and spoke kindly about Denise saying:”We’re trying to put all that nonsense aside and just do what’s right for the children and just be good responsible parents.”
- Tensions flared again in Aug. 2007 when Charlie requested more visitation rights with his daughters, as well as the ability to give input on their nannies. He also asked that Denise only call him during emergencies, claiming that she had been making many unnecessary calls to his home.
- That same month, Charlie told “Entertainment Tonight” that Denise wanted to have a baby — using his sperm! Denise then sent an e-mail to Brooke, explaining that if she were to receive his sperm, it would be a business arrangement and he would have no connection to the child. When asked if he would accept her offer, Charlie said, “I would sooner, in exactly what I’m wearing, walk on the surface of the moon.”
- On Sept. 19, 2007, Denise filed documents to reportedly protect her two children from Charlie. She said his engagement to Brooke was a publicity stunt and that he had a sick attraction to underage women. She said when she confronted him about his addiction to the porn, he allegedly attacked her wrists and threatened to kill her. She also accused him of abusing prescription drugs. Furious, Charlie responded: “A day of legal reckoning for her is fast approaching.”
- That month, Brooke spoke to People about Denise, claiming that Denise edited her e-mails before filing them with the court and that she begged Charlie not to tell their daughters about his engagement to Brooke.
- In Jan. 2008, Charlie took Denise to court and tried to get his daughters excluded from her E! reality series “Denise Richards: It’s Complicated.” The judge denies his request.
- On May 19, 2008, Denise told Larry King: “I have nothing against Charlie’s sperm. I have two wonderful children, but I don’t want anymore of it. He said that I wanted his sperm as a donor for a third child. I can get it elsewhere.”
- In a May 23 interview with the New York Post, Denise said: “I don’t want Charlie’s prostitute-tranny infested sperm. I have two beautiful kids. We’ll leave it at that.”
- In that same interview, she claimed Charlie sent her the following text message: “I hope you and your worthless retarded father get cancer and join your stupid mom. Rot in hell you f—–g whore.”
- Things seem to have cooled off between Charlie and Denise. People reported that Denise planned to send Charlie and Brooke a wedding gift in May 2008, and one year later she was quoted saying that their daughters were very excited about Charlie’s twins with Brooke.
Get More on Charlie Sheen: