Heading somewhere for the holidays? Lucky!
Here’s everything you need to know to keep your skin looking great! Whether you’re heading north or south this winter, don’t forget to pack the most important thing in your suitcase: your skincare! “No matter what climate you are in – a ski resort or Caribbean cruise, your best skin protection is a hydrating sunscreen,” says Dr. Howard D. Sobel, Director of The N.Y. Institute of Cosmetic Dermatology & Laser Surgery. Check out Dr. Sobel’s skin-saving tips below!
Beach babe vacation tips:
- “Apply your sunscreen at least 30 minutes before you go outside for maximum absorption and reapply every hour.”
- “Choose a sunscreen that is water resistant. Make sure you reapply after swimming or sweating.”
- “Stay out of the sun from 12-2 pm, when the sun is at its highest peak.”
- “Wear a wide-brimmed hat – it will shade your face and can help protect hair from being damaged by the sun (which erodes the outer layer of hair and can cause coarse hair).”
Ski bunny trip tips:
- “Cold wind and wintry weather can chap skin and cause broken capillaries, so it’s important to keep your face covered and protected when outdoors.”
- “One of the biggest mistakes people still make during winter is skipping out on the sunscreen. Premature aging is a result of cumulative environmental damage from incidental sun exposure that can occur all year long. Save time in the morning and use a sunscreen that moisturizes and protects.”
- “Give your skin time to adjust to the climate change from cold to indoor heat by covering your face for a minute when you step inside from the outdoors.” – Marta Topran