Ever wonder why celebs look amazing all the time?
Here’s their secret: fake lashes! Just ask Kim Kardashian, Olivia Wilde and Jessica Lowndes. These three beauties show you how a set of falsies can transform a look from great to glam. “If you’re going out, adding fake lashes is the best thing in the world!” says DuWop cosmetics creator, Christina Bartolucci. “It’s so worth the effort.” For a perfect party look, Christina recommends pairing lashes with a bold, red lip, or, if you’re too shy for red, try a smokey eye with a nude lip.
Check out Christina’s tips and trick for applying your own set of party worthy lashes!
- “Trim the very edges off, about 1/8 of inch of the Ardell demi wispies lashes for a more natural look,” Christina says.
- “Put a small dot of lash glue on your hand and run the lash strip through it from left to right so just a little glue is on the strip,” she says.
- “Place the strip so it goes right past your natural lash line. Tilt the lash up so it just blends in with the natural lash. You might have to hold your eyebrow to steady the eye and make applying easier.”
- “Once it gets on you can adjust it. You can pull it left or right but not up and down. Give it a few minutes to dry so eye shadow doesn’t get stuck to the wet glue,” Christina says.
- “Use a mascara wand to blend your natural lashes into the fake ones. You want to try to make the lashes stick to the false lashes so they become one. That’s the way you’ll get that totally look,” she says. – Marta Topran