Any girl who has seen The Devil Wears Prada knows that breaking into the world of fashion is tougher than tough!
But Erin Kaplan, 26, the star of MTV’s The City and p.r. director for Elle Magazine did it. And when we spoke EXCLUSIVELY with her at MTV studios in NYC — right before the Dec. 1 finale of The City — she shared her tips for making it in the cutthroat world of fashion. Um, maybe Olivia Palermo should take note!!
- Think outside of the box.
- Try to get noticed in a different way.
- Don’t just send in your resume.
- Love what you do, because then you will be productive.
Side Note: Girls, don’t expect an easy ride to the top. You’re going to have to work hard to get what you want, but if you have the determination, you can make your dreams come true!
In the mean time, to smooth the bumpy road along the way and lessen your stress, try out one of Erin’s two stress-relief methods:
- Exercise! Erin dishes, “My favorite machine is the treadmill!”
- Relax and Socialize. Erin says, “Just hang out with friends.”
So follow this success story’s advice, and you will go far!