Posted Thu, September 30, 2010 10:00pm EDT

Andy's 'Vampire Diaries' Afterthoughts: 6 Photos That Prove Stefan Should Be With Katherine & Damon Still Belongs With Elena (With Pics)

Posted Thu, September 30, 2010 10:00pm EDT

I wish Stefan & Elena’s break-up on the Sept. 30 episode of The Vampire Diaries was real — I’ve got photographic evidence proving that Katherine should be with Stefan, and Damon belongs with Elena.

Even when it’s in Stefan’s (Paul Wesley) dreams, the heat between his brother Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and girlfriend Elena (Nina Dobrev) is undeniable. After giving us that gem, the show outdid itself with a heated scene between Stefan and Katherine (Nina again, but evil and insane.) Granted, it was all part of Stefan’s plan to torture and interrogate her… but somewhere, deep down, he still loves that murderous psychopath, Katherine. These were just two of the hot moments from tonight’s episode. Read on for photos AND six reasons why my couples work out:

I’m not good at baseball, but I am very good at analyzing vampiric emotions. Here are three additional reasons why Damon belongs with Elena AND why Stefan belongs with Katherine:

1. Stefan delivered some insanely cheesy lines to Katherine in the 1800s, and he actually meant it: “I look at you and I see an angel. I kiss you, and I know I’m falling in love.” (Yuck! But he did love her, and still does.)
  2. After watching all the flashbacks to the 1800s this week, I’ve realized Stefan and Katherine’s whole break-up was just a series of misunderstandings.
  3. I’ve already made my case for a Damon-Elena pairing (click here for that.) They just work together.

In other Vampire Diaries relationship news…

They’re doing a great job of keeping one of the few remaining humans in town, Jenna (Sara Canning), relevant by inserting her in a love triangle with hunter Rick (Matt Davis) and werewolf Mason (Taylor Kinney.) Well played, writers.

MY relationship with Caroline is doing extremely well. She’s gotten so much funnier and cooler since becoming a vampire. I hope nobody stakez her :(

— Andy Swift

Yvonne

Posted at 10:39 AM on October 2, 2010

@Kat:
@Andy:

*spoilers*

When you have read “Breaking Dawn” then you know it’s possible, that vampires can procreate… :P

Besides in the TVD Books Damon became in the last one
a human ^___^ so it’s possible LOL

Samantha

Posted at 9:52 AM on October 2, 2010

THE BEST COUPLE EVER DAMON/ELENA!!! The’re epic!!!!

Same here I like STEFAN only with KATHERINE!!
THEY BALANCE EACH OTHER OUT LIKE DELENA!!!

But with CAROLINE IS STEFAN REALLY HAPPY and he SMILES(2×03)!!! 0.0 And this has more future.

Meleya

Posted at 7:35 AM on October 2, 2010

Nina and Paul only have chemistry when they are Katherine and Stefan. I do think they would loose that chemistry if they were friends or lovers. I like her playing him and him pretending to hate her.
Damon and Elena are great. I think every magazine, blog or article have a right to see if one pairing is better then the other. I have read other articles that are critical to the boring teenage couple that is Stelena. When something is bad. It is bad. And that couple is not entertainment.

Sylvia

Posted at 8:23 AM on October 2, 2010

Absolutely agree with you.

Lil

Posted at 6:45 AM on October 2, 2010

Damon and Elena are definitely my dream too Andy! I totally agree. We have to be patient but it’ll be worth it. ;)

I would also be okay with Stefan/Caroline or Stefan/Katherine.

And I actually liked the Mason/Jenna vibe going on last ep!

Lara

Posted at 6:25 AM on October 2, 2010

People seem to forget that Damon has the hottest chemistry with Katherine (remember their kissing scene?) and Damon was pining for her for more than 100 years. If Katherine didn’t hurt his feelings, he would be paving the road for her with his guts. Sure, he feels attracted to Elena because she looks like Katherine, and he also likes Elena’s personality and respects her for being good, strong and faithful in other words the opposite of Katherine. So he probably wonders what would it be like to have a reliable woman like Elena by his side but I don’t think he loves her at this point. Besides I think Damon needs a more spirited woman. Someone like Katherine would be just right for him.
By the way, I think both brothers have stronger chemistry with Katherine than with Elena. Maybe because Katherine is more interesting character. She is hot tempered, mysterious, manipulating, determined and passionate. Stephan and Damon are both angry with her but it’s obvious they can’t help to be intrigued by her as well.

Annie

Posted at 3:27 AM on October 2, 2010

Caroline and Stefan only. I can’t support any Elena ship because I find her boring. I’m a recent TVD fan (I just marathoned the series last week) and I am really not seeing the magical hotness of Damon/Elena. Ian Somerhalder is smoking but eh. The couple itself is boring. Stefan/Elena-same.

Jay Marie

Posted at 10:58 PM on October 1, 2010

Yeah Delena fans you do like Damon only because he’s hot because if Damon really existed and u were in Elena’s place you wouldnt forgive him for trying to kill ur brother or any of the horrible things he’s done and if you would…well that’s pathetic. We need more strong females

Julia

Posted at 3:12 AM on October 2, 2010

You have to separate reality from fiction. How would you know what delena fans are like? Strong females? Please.. you’re taking a TV show a little seriously aren’t you?

Karen

Posted at 7:28 AM on October 2, 2010

*lol* that is funny. :) This is a tv show. Elena should be with the one she has more chemistry with. The couple who will get more viewers and make for better stories. In this show that is Damon.
In reality she should not be with Damon or Stefan. But vampires are fiction.

Chrissy

Posted at 10:01 PM on October 1, 2010

Guilty for voting for Stefan&Caroline and Damon&Elena. But I DONT like Delena because ‘Ian is hot’ (lol). I like them because Elena brings out Damon’s HUMANITY. I also loved the interactions between Stefan/Caroline in 2×02 and 2×03…I love that Caroline can make Stefan smile, and he can care for her….

And having an opinion does NOT make you biased….IMO.

Angie

Posted at 3:30 AM on October 2, 2010

I came back. Just to see if the writer of this article payed attention to what I was saying.

I am talking about hollywoodlife.com always having a Delena bias and never showing the other side of things. I’m not talking about the people who post in the comments. They can think whatever they want.

But now I’m leaving. I’m sorry, Andy, you’re entitled to your own opinion. But I don’t like being on a site that has articles that are always so one-sided. You’ve lost me, hollywoodlife, and probably a lot of the Stelena shippers that are out there. Sure, they’re the minority, but they are visitors that won’t be coming back.

Maybe it would do this site some good to actually have someone else cover this show as well so it’s not always the Delena agenda?

nsk

Posted at 7:25 PM on October 1, 2010

i dont understand
THE POST IS CLEARLY TEAM DELENA AGAIN!!!!!
UR FREAKING HYPOCRITE!!!

SERIOUSLY HOW CAN U PICTURE THE SWEET AND NICE ELENA WITH DAMON?

HE NEEDS A POWERFUL GIRL WHO IS GONNA ROCK HIS WORLD !!!!!!

ITS ALWAYS GONNA BE STEFAN PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy

Posted at 9:09 PM on October 1, 2010

Yikes, that’s a lot of capital letters and exclamation points. You’re right, I am pro Delena. But does that really make me a hypocrite?

hope

Posted at 6:16 PM on October 1, 2010

Damon and Elena.Amazing couple.

Caroline and Stefan are nice together, better chemistry that´s for sure.

Spuffy

Posted at 4:16 PM on October 1, 2010

Steferine + Delena. Hardcore shipper of both. They’re amazing.

Angie

Posted at 4:09 PM on October 1, 2010

I am so sick of the Delena bias from this site. At least PRETEND to be objective, here. First it’s “Stefan should be with Caroline” and now it’s “Stefan should be with Katherine”?

I’m done visiting this place. Maybe you guys should at least attempt to show the other side of the story. I’m fine with hearing the Delena side of things, if you at least give the Stefan/Elena a voice, even if it was a small one! It would do you good to have at least 1 Stelena fan cover this show as well.

Goodbye, hollywoodlife :)!

Andy

Posted at 4:25 PM on October 1, 2010

I could present this as totally unbiased … but what fun would that be? :)

Besides, this is my opinion now… but who knows when it’ll change? I was Stefan/Caroline last week and now I’m leaning towards Stefan/Katherine. The heart is a fickle thing.

These are opinionated pieces, yes, but they’re supposed to be. I’m sorry to hear you won’t be checking us out anymore.

Jay Marie

Posted at 11:10 PM on October 1, 2010

So why Exactly are Damon and Elena better? Stefan and Elena have amazing chemistry and if you people cant see that go watch their love scene in the Turning Point! Yes Damon is sexy but how in the hell do you justify him trying to steal his brothers’s love?! If this was real(and you were in Stefan’s place) and happening to you Im sure you’d think differently

Stephanie

Posted at 2:50 PM on October 2, 2010

You think Stelena’s love scene was filled with chemistry and was amazing? LMFAO! that’s funny…to more than half the fanbase it was downright pathetic. XD no offense but do you know what chemistry is? Elena has far more with Damon than Stefan. I think you’re blind if you can’t see that. Stelena are so flat and boring and rushed compared to them. LOL just wait til a Delena love scene. >:D

j

Posted at 3:40 PM on October 1, 2010

seriosuly? saying us delena shippers only like it because Damon’s hotter? Sounds like some people are getting defensive……

btw… Delena rocks

Del

Posted at 2:40 PM on October 1, 2010

Stefan & Katherine…I still think she’s a horrible person and he deserves someone good like Caroline, if not Caroline herself. I am however realllly looking forward to some sort of hook up between SK this season. They have tons more chemistry and a way more interesting and “epic” storyline than SE.
Oh and Damon & Elena belong together. The End.

lia

Posted at 1:37 PM on October 1, 2010

Andy, you rock for posting this <3

jenny

Posted at 12:39 PM on October 1, 2010

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm who write this?????????????? a delena fan someone who only sees what you want see……………

Stefan and Katherine they are epic couple but stefan and elena also had something, but damon and elena guys you are so many that it is kind of boring reading your arguments, you are many many, but only because damon is hot and you dont like stefan…..

Stefan and katherine had something, damon and elena for now no I dont see that sexual chemistry between damon and elena, they are just friends, elena is in love with stefan get it over, you are not elena, soooo you may have love damon but elena, elena the caracther loves Stefan soooo stop pretending you are her and that you understand what she feels, there isnt solid evidence that show us elena love damon maybe she feels attracted for him but for now it is pretty obvious that she is in love with stefan.

God, I wish that you see the history not only the pretty faces of the actors, see the history, the personality of each one and I what I see it Stefan is going to break the heart of Elena because deep down he has feelings for katherine and maybe Damon will be there for Elena butttt Elena never stop to had feelings for stefan,

Andy

Posted at 12:53 PM on October 1, 2010

Haha, guilty — I’m a Damon/Elena shipper

But I feel that, given Stefan and Katherine’s history, they do belong together. We saw a totally different side of Katherine in last night’s episode. Stefan did love her at one point, and I can kind of see why now.

Mariah

Posted at 1:29 PM on October 1, 2010

Andy man, your amazing, got great taste!!! You know where the real love story is at.. like many of us! (see polls)

Andy

Posted at 4:26 PM on October 1, 2010

Woohoo! Thanks Mariah :)

Katie

Posted at 1:13 PM on October 1, 2010

Why is it you ship Delena it’s just because Ian is hot?

That really pisses me off.

Andy

Posted at 4:27 PM on October 1, 2010

I ship Damon/Elena because I find Stefan/Elena to be really boring and played out. I’m still open to arguments, though, and it is very early in the series.

Sharon A.

Posted at 12:01 PM on October 2, 2010

You are 100% correct Andy- Stephan & Elena are BORING with a HUGE YAWN!!!!!! There relationship is based off what I consider to be a “high school” relationship. If you want lots of hand holding, sweet kisses, hugs and talking (those two really could talk a subject to death) then Elena & Stefan is the couple for you… If you want fire, massive chemistry, non-ass kissing, can’t imagine what the loves scenes would be like, off the chart hot…then Elena & Damon is the couple for you….give me fire any day. I watch TV to be entertained, not bored…something for the writers and producers of TVD to think about….

Sarah

Posted at 12:35 PM on October 1, 2010

I think Stefan and Caroline could really complte each other. Yes, Stefan/Katherine are hot together, there’s a spark but I simply don’t think it’d be ‘run for a long track’

Oh and by the way, Jenna and Mason were kind of cute together :P Just random thought…

Andy

Posted at 12:54 PM on October 1, 2010

I’m starting to see more validity in Stefan/Caroline than I am in Stefan/Katherine (personally I think they should stake Katherine and get it over with) BUT I stand firm on Damon/Elena.

I’m more of a Jenna/Rick supporter myself, but I’m glad they threw Mason in there for drama.

Sarah

Posted at 1:21 PM on October 1, 2010

Well, yeah, we’ll see how it plays out :)

Elizabeth R

Posted at 10:24 AM on October 1, 2010

I think you are right, Elena and Damon would be too cute, although Elena thinks she’s too good for him. I think that Elena would make Damon a little bi boring, a nice Damon isn’t that much fun. lol. So sad to see that Katherine actually loves Stephan, maybe he should just be with her. At least if Stephan is with Katherine she will stop terrorizing people and he will be with someone who looks just like Elena,its a win win if you ask me.

Side note: I do kinds want to see a Damon/ Boonie. Def a lot of sexual tension there.

edfan

Posted at 8:48 AM on October 1, 2010

so damn AGREE with you about elena and Stefan together
They’re perfect for each other . Stefan was very romantic and harmful and nice , and lovely and bla bla bla
And Elena love stefan too guys .
So Elena should be with Stefan .

Damon can get whenever and whoever girl he want , (except elena).
I mean he’s a sexy beast ;)
LOL

scarla

Posted at 7:16 AM on October 1, 2010

Andy,
Elena can’t have babies with either guy..they’re both vampires…that shoots argument #1….were you a compulsion victim of Caroline..lol?
#2…I think Stefan’s lines to Katherine in the 1800′s were insanely sexy….not cheesy…I don’t know Andy, maybe this is girl stuff :)

Andy

Posted at 8:48 AM on October 1, 2010

YES! That must have been it. Damn you Caroline for compelling me through the TV.

No, it was really just me being careless. I apologize, and I fixed.

MiMi

Posted at 5:41 AM on October 1, 2010

Seriously People i think elena should be with damon and stefan with katherine didnt you notice how katherine is in love with stefan on eposode 4 season 2 the ending seriously! she was in love with him and elena i really think she should be with damon!

Katie

Posted at 3:08 AM on October 1, 2010

Daamon and Elena
Caroline and Stefan
Stefan and Katherine

Mason and Jenna is really pukey.

Kat

Posted at 1:38 AM on October 1, 2010

is the author of this article retared or something?

Caroline (Candice Accola) brought up three very valid points: ”You’re human, he’s a vampire. You’re going to be 70, and in diapers, and he’ll still be smoking hot. And you will never have his children, Elena — and you are too maternal to not have children.”

—- YOU DO REALIZE THAT DAMON IS A VAMPIRE TOO SO THOSE ISSUES WOULD STILL COME UP IF DAMON WERE WITH ELENA?

Andy

Posted at 8:45 AM on October 1, 2010

While I don’t condone the use of the R-word, yes, it was a mistake in including Caroline’s quotes. Not quite sure where my head was last night. My error has been ammended, and a gold star is on its way to your doorstep.

Thanks Kat!

Still, I stand firm in my belief: Stefan/Katherine, Damon/Elena … We’ll find someone for Caroline.

nsk

Posted at 7:29 PM on October 1, 2010

damn LOOOOL!
i was thinking the same thing!
people can be too obsessed or freaking dumb sometimes!

scarlett

Posted at 10:07 PM on September 30, 2010

You’ve got it wrong. Stefan should be with Caroline. Katherine should have a date with a stake and Elena should be with Damon, but she’d have to pry me off his hot vampire bod first.

Andy

Posted at 10:10 PM on September 30, 2010

Haha, wow – graphic! Yeah, I argued for Stefan/Caroline last week, but I realized he doesn’t really like Caroline yet … and especially not after tonight. At least he was into Katherine at one point.

Sarah

Posted at 12:29 PM on October 1, 2010

I so agree with you ;)

Chris

Posted at 10:03 PM on September 30, 2010

Disagree.

Katherine/Damon
Elena/Stefan.

Katherine’s too psycho and killer for Stefan, she’s perfect for Damon.

Stephanie

Posted at 11:08 PM on September 30, 2010

I disagree…Katherine would be HORRIBLE with Damon! She doesn’t even love him! Damon wants that from Elena anyways and he feels nothing for Katherine now…so bye bye to that pairing.

Kate

Posted at 10:52 PM on October 1, 2010

omg do you want all the damns season’s about elena and stefan? (with their boring scenes)cmon, she and damon ARE for each other dont you realized? The 80% of the people are DE shippers do you think KW will not notice that? cmo their job is to make us THE AUDIENCE happy. Delena.

Jay Marie

Posted at 11:14 PM on October 1, 2010

How in the hell are Stefan and Elena boring? He’s a vampire for crying out loud!! I can’t imagine then how boring you find human couples! Oh and BTW not all 3million+ people who watch vampire diaries come and vote on this website you dont know how many delena and stelena fans are out there

Stephanie

Posted at 2:54 PM on October 2, 2010

@Jay Marie

True…Stefan is a vamp, but his relationship with Elena IS as boring and flat and rushed as most human relationships. A lot of people think this. Delena were friends first and people love the subtle build up.

Kat

Posted at 3:32 PM on October 2, 2010

it’s only boring because thats what YOU want to see. open ur mind and u would see otherwise

Annie

Posted at 3:31 AM on October 2, 2010

Not a Delena fan or a Stelena fan. And there’s countless more like me. Perhaps the problem is with the lead female? I find her friends far more interesting, spunky and frankly, more talented.

Ann

Posted at 5:13 AM on October 2, 2010

“Katherine/Damon
Elena/Stefan.

Katherine’s too psycho and killer for Stefan, she’s perfect for Damon.”

Well said Chris. I agree!