Once thought to be a quiet and removed golfer, the past year proved Tiger to be an adulterer and serial cheater!
It is safe to say that 2010 will be Tiger Woods‘ most memorable year — and for all the wrong reasons. What appeared to be a minor car accident in the early morning hours of Nov. 27 eventually proved to be the climax of a fight with wife Elin Nordegren over his infidelity. And once one woman came forward, the floodgates opened!
Check out Tiger’s year below:
- Nov. 25: The National Enquirer reports Tiger has been having an affair with NYC club promoter Rachel Uchitel.
- Nov. 27: Tiger crashes his Escalade into a fire hydrant and tree in the driveway of his Florida home.
- Dec. 2 : Cocktail waitress Jaimee Grubbs comes forward saying she had an almost three year affair with the golfer. Tiger releases this statement, “I have let my family down, and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart.”
- Dec. 11 : In the span of just seven days, ten women come forward saying they had sexual relations with Tiger at various times. Tiger announces he will be taking an indefinite break from golf.
- Dec. 13: Accenture, a consulting firm, drops their sponsorship of Tiger.
- Dec. 30: AT&T drops their sponsorship of Tiger.
- Jan. 21 : Tiger enters a sex rehab clinic in Hattiesburg, Miss.
- Feb. 19: Tiger makes his first public appearance and speech, apologizing to his friends, family and wife in a roughly 10-minute speech. He admits to having been in rehab and again says he does not know when he will return to golf.
- March 18: Porn star Joslyn James published sexually explicit texts she claims were from Tiger on her website.
- April 8: Tiger returns to golf at the Masters, finished in a tie for fourth place.
- Aug. 23: Tiger and Elin officially divorce with Elin walking away with a reported $110 million.
- Nov. 1: Tiger loses his No. 1 ranking after a streak of 281 weeks.